Neptune Flow Sensor questions.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune Flow Sensor questions:

1. Will the 2” flow sensor on an emergency drain catch if there’s an issue or does it really need to be crazy flow for it to pickup?

2. My return is 1.5” (Dart Hammerhead) should I go up to 2” flow sensor or is it going to be inaccurate?

JvC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your pipe is 1.5 stay 1.5 on the sensor.

The flow sensors will only catch a significant amount of flow. It will not register a trickle. But, if you have a lot coming down the E-drain it will log it. Then just set an apex alert for any time it registers any flow.

The other issue that comes into play here is the Apex sampling interval. If you are set to like 5 minutes, it will only register the flow through the E-drain when the sample is taken.

Overall, I do not think this will be a reliable notification system.

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your pipe is 1.5 stay 1.5 on the sensor.

The flow sensors will only catch a significant amount of flow. It will not register a trickle. But, if you have a lot coming down the E-drain it will log it. Then just set an apex alert for any time it registers any flow.

The other issue that comes into play here is the Apex sampling interval. If you are set to like 5 minutes, it will only register the flow through the E-drain when the sample is taken.

Overall, I do not think this will be a reliable notification system.
They don’t make a 1.5” flow sensor which is why I was asking- they make a 1” and 2”. Since my return is 10-15’ of head height I can’t afford to reduce flow by dropping down to 1”

JvC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your return is 1.5 all the way into the tank? How much water are you sending? Do you split the return?

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your return is 1.5 all the way into the tank? How much water are you sending? Do you split the return?
Dart Hammerhead- I think I’ll be around 1,000gph- probably a little less when all is said and done. Single 1.5” return preferred since it’s a lot of drilling and a long run.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back