Neptune new release LLS

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Already on my wish list! These new sensors look great and are likely just the beginning of what we'll see over the next couple months

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really great to be honest. Solid quality. Fast reaction time to fluid level. Lots of options surrounding ATO and AWC. Phone app icon is pretty cool too. First graph below I left the lid off my ATO and I can see where my GSD was drinking the water out of it then I refilled it a bit and closed the lid.

Really good at watching evaporation. Also while I couldn't keep it in there due to noise it worked well in my skimmer collection cup.

Sample graph:
1658416634578.png

ATO LS sensor:
1658416667078.png

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beta tester? I dont see them for sale yet.

Sorry I should have noted, yes. Neptune NSI member. I purchased the module(s) and went through a series of tests with a bunch of other users. Some of the things they did was pretty cool not to mention the various liquids tested in.

I was not aware of sensor tape so when this opportunity came up I was intrigued. It is a pretty slick concept overall and works well in our saltwater environment. I believe before it is released they will have a pretty good list of what liquids to use and to avoid. That is what really impressed me during this test with other NSI members.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Excited for the larger (longer) versions.

Hoping these are more reliable and longer lasting than their flow sensors.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to the ruler looking thing. I have so much flow in my DT, that when the WAV's slow down with the programming in the evenings, my sump level goes above the high level ATO sensor and sets off an alarm. Daily. It would be great to have a sensor only go off when it hits a certain height in the sump.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm looking forward to the ruler looking thing. I have so much flow in my DT, that when the WAV's slow down with the programming in the evenings, my sump level goes above the high level ATO sensor and sets off an alarm. Daily. It would be great to have a sensor only go off when it hits a certain height in the sump.

You can already do that with a cheap float switch connected to one of your I.O. ports.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited for the larger (longer) versions.

Hoping these are more reliable and longer lasting than their flow sensors.

So far they are holding up extremely well. There should be a pretty decent list of liquids that are safe to use vs what should be avoided.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried them in any alkalinity or calcium solutions for 2 part dosing?

I personally have not. I do know extensive testing was done in a variety of liquids that will be shared either before or at the official launch.

I use both 15 and 23 inch modules and have used/tested in:

ATO
Saltwater (Tropic Marin Bio Actif)
Saltwater (sump)
Skimmer collection lid (yuckie but tested to see if the tape and/or protective cover stained - it did not)

One interesting use case I read the other day from one of the testers is that while on vacation he stopped his auto water top off. I forget the reason why but I think it was because he knew he needed to replace the dosing head but forgot before he left. So played it safe. Anyway he has this large water storage container with one of the LLS sensors in it. It is closed with the exception of one bung hole / plug. He was able to plot the evaporation rate which I thought was pretty cool. Never something I would have thought about but it is sort of a neat thing to look at when storing water be it for emergency, ato, or such with a time between use.

I think it will be really interesting to see how hobbyist use this tool. At least that is how I see it. Another tool to be used if needed.

Back