Neptune not working!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jgatch92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jgatch92

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
jupiter
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My Neptune has been working perfect and then last week i started to get crazy readings for my alkalinity. So i changed the reagents and did a calibration, it calibrated perfectly. And then i would run a test and my alk is through the roof. I changed out reagents 4x and calibrated it 4x, i checked all the hoses, i checked my sample line. Everything looks great. I am testing my Neptune against salifert test and Hanna.

Most recent test.
Salifert 8.8
Hanna 8.9
Neptune 14.9

I can’t figure out what is going on with it!! i have ran a bunch of alk test and they all come back at least 5-6 points higher then the salifert and Hanna.
 
Hey everyone! My Neptune has been working perfect and then last week i started to get crazy readings for my alkalinity. So i changed the reagents and did a calibration, it calibrated perfectly. And then i would run a test and my alk is through the roof. I changed out reagents 4x and calibrated it 4x, i checked all the hoses, i checked my sample line. Everything looks great. I am testing my Neptune against salifert test and Hanna.

Most recent test.
Salifert 8.8
Hanna 8.9
Neptune 14.9

I can’t figure out what is going on with it!! i have ran a bunch of alk test and they all come back at least 5-6 points higher then the salifert and Hanna.
I assume this is the Trident. What did you use to calibrate it, and how old is it?
 
Yes the trident, i calibrated with the solution that comes with the reagents.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new