Neptune Optical Sensor “backwards”.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just added a second optical sensor (Sensor 2) to my FMM and it’s reading “Open” when submerged in water and “Closed” when out of the water. I‘m pretty sure that this is backwards from everything I’ve seen or read.

My first optical sensor connected to the same FMM shows “Open” when out of the water and ”Closed” when submerged. I‘m confident that the FMM is okay. I‘ve switched the two sensors in the FMM and still get the same inconsistency on Sensor 2

Before I try to return this I’d appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is indeed backwards. Are you positive it's plugged in completely? They do sometimes plug in very tightly. I'm not sure why it would read reversed though.

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is indeed backwards. Are you positive it's plugged in completely? They do sometimes plug in very tightly. I'm not sure why it would read reversed though.
@Biglew11 thanks for your reply. I plugged and unplugged several times on both port 3 and 4. Same readings. So at least its consistent! See if I can get a return or warranty

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back