Neptune Optical Sensor “backwards”.

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike550
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2019
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
2,328
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I just added a second optical sensor (Sensor 2) to my FMM and it’s reading “Open” when submerged in water and “Closed” when out of the water. I‘m pretty sure that this is backwards from everything I’ve seen or read.

My first optical sensor connected to the same FMM shows “Open” when out of the water and ”Closed” when submerged. I‘m confident that the FMM is okay. I‘ve switched the two sensors in the FMM and still get the same inconsistency on Sensor 2

Before I try to return this I’d appreciate any thoughts. Thanks in advance!
 
This is indeed backwards. Are you positive it's plugged in completely? They do sometimes plug in very tightly. I'm not sure why it would read reversed though.
 
This is indeed backwards. Are you positive it's plugged in completely? They do sometimes plug in very tightly. I'm not sure why it would read reversed though.
@Biglew11 thanks for your reply. I plugged and unplugged several times on both port 3 and 4. Same readings. So at least its consistent! See if I can get a return or warranty
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new