Neptune Sky on Sale

glency

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
20% off at most online retailers. As an early adopter, I feel violated. I’m not mad; just wanted to a shoulder to cry on.
Luckily, I’m happy with them.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
25% off and they've been out for over a year. They were bound to go on sale at some point.

Trailblazers and early adopters are always shot in the back. Especially in this hobby

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOS is 20% off, too.

If I had to guess, it’s related to the A3 release. Trying to pull people deeper into the Neptune ecosystem.

it’s far too close to the A3 release for another product upgrade, IMO.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOS is 20% off, too.

If I had to guess, it’s related to the A3 release. Trying to pull people deeper into the Neptune ecosystem.

it’s far too close to the A3 release for another product upgrade, IMO.
I was thinking the opposite, I figured if they had an updated EB832 they would have it alongside the new A3s, so other modules seemed likely to see new releases that weren't part of the kit. I know a lot of people like their DOS but based on reviews I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller, quieter unit is around the corner (keeps fingers crossed as I need 2 DOS units around the fall/winter . . .)

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Incoming Ectotech integration into APEX? Sale on SKY and DOS because of Radion and Versa?

The last reefing report (before Terrence was shut down) had speculative comments about Ecotech integration leading to discontinuation of products... specifically the DOS going away.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second A3 release video with Paul from Neptune Systems says a new WXM module is going to be released in the coming months. Whether that means no more DOS or an upgrade or moving to control Versas, I don't know.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incoming Ectotech integration into APEX? Sale on SKY and DOS because of Radion and Versa?

The last reefing report (before Terrence was shut down) had speculative comments about Ecotech integration leading to discontinuation of products... specifically the DOS going away.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm wondering if this means a Sky 2 is nearby. Or should i just go for broke and grab that second Sky I've been thinking about.

Even if a new Sky is coming, what could it possibly add to be that much better? At $650, they won't be cheaper than that ever again IMO

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back