Neptune SKY vs G5Blue

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fans aren’t loud, but the screws were all over-torqued (and yes, my faceplates have minor cracks). If we’re going to nitpick, they’re danged expensive, too. I could go into a long list of things I don’t like about my G5s, starting with the bluetooth-only Mobius interface, quirks in the software interface, etc. Did I mention they’re expensive? Then again, we’re on the 5th generation, thousands of aquarists own and rave about them and last I checked this morning they’re were still performing the function I acquired them for.

Would I buy the Neptune SKY if I hadn’t already invested in Radions? Maybe. Then again, based solely on the track record of the other Neptune products I own - probably not. The quality control and assurance just isn’t there, and that’s not an isolated or “repeated” comment.
So weird with neptune, as ive heard many people talk about building quality. To this day I have

-Apex Brain
4- eb832
3- dos
3- cor 20s
5- wavs
1-lsm
7-fmm
2- pm2
1-pm1
2- auto feeders
1- trident
4- pmups
Countless optical for atos and reservoirs.

Still have never had a issue aside from a cor 20 power bar frying. I guess I have good luck......or their build quality is just fine?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back