Neptune Systems: 0% APR Financing for a Limited Time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BIGGINAPK

View Badges
Reaction score
Don't do it !! I placed a $1500 order And paid to have it express shipped in 2 days and didn't show up for 5. I was missing parts for my light kit and they sent me the wrong apex kit and was very rude and nasty to me. Still never offered anything to rectify the situation. And basically acted liked i was incompantant and second class. Save yourself the trouble...GO TO BULK REEF SUPPLY !! THEY WILL treat you right.

Drakonis

View Badges
Reaction score
Seems like an inventory reduction move... must be a slump in sales due to all the compeditors controllers and being overpriced

Edit and by overpriced i mean the apex itself not a remark against marinedepot

BIGGINAPK

View Badges
Reaction score
Seems like an inventory reduction move... must be a slump in sales due to all the compeditors controllers and being overpriced

Edit and by overpriced i mean the apex itself not a remark against marinedepot
I'm not sure what it is but the customer service guy was rude As hell and basically didn't want to rectify the situation. The missing light stand parts and The missing contrler And after $1500 order And $70 on 2 day shipping he more or less told me to kick rocks !! And then said he would sell me the controller that was supposed to be in the box for an additional $99. what the heck !? Bulk reef supply would never treat people this way. If marine depot wants and needs customers maybe they should take care of the ones giving them a chance and not treat them Like low lifes.

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
I have ordered plenty from marine depot and never run into any customer service or shipping issues. If anything I get most items in about two days. I haven’t bought anything using the affirm financing however.

I'm not sure what it is but the customer service guy was rude As hell and basically didn't want to rectify the situation. The missing light stand parts and The missing contrler And after $1500 order And $70 on 2 day shipping he more or less told me to kick rocks !! And then said he would sell me the controller that was supposed to be in the box for an additional $99. what the heck !? Bulk reef supply would never treat people this way. If marine depot wants and needs customers maybe they should take care of the ones giving them a chance and not treat them Like low lifes.
If you are having a problem with them and not getting what you ordered you could always work through your credit card company or paypal.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Aside from the bad experience. Financing aquarium supply? You guys are sick!!! If you can afford something in a hobbie, you should probably lose or find a different hobby. Credit for the most part is to buy stuff you don't have. For real estate it's worth the risk. Next thing you'll see is lay a way on zenias.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't do it !! I placed a $1500 order And paid to have it express shipped in 2 days and didn't show up for 5. I was missing parts for my light kit and they sent me the wrong apex kit and was very rude and nasty to me. Still never offered anything to rectify the situation. And basically acted liked i was incompantant and second class. Save yourself the trouble...GO TO BULK REEF SUPPLY !! THEY WILL treat you right.

Thank you for your post. I am sorry we made you feel this way. I am not yet familiar with what occurred but I'd like to hear what went down so I can speak with the team about it. If you're up for that, please call me or send me an email at your convenience. We never want to make anyone unhappy. Knowing every member of the Marine Depot support staff personally it is shocking to hear you say you were treated rudely or nasty. We can review our past communications if you are able to supply me with your order number. We lost your trust after whatever went down and that pains me to hear. I would like to understand what happened so we do not repeat the same mistakes.

Thank you,

Jeff Johnston
714-385-0080 x688
[email protected]

silverarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Aside from the bad experience. Financing aquarium supply? You guys are sick!!! If you can afford something in a hobbie, you should probably lose or find a different hobby. Credit for the most part is to buy stuff you don't have. For real estate it's worth the risk. Next thing you'll see is lay a way on zenias.

Couldn't agree with you more on financing aquarium supply. Just don't do it, not a good financial decision.
Aside from that, I've never had a bad experience with Marine Depot.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Offering financing online for hobby-driven pursuits isn't something out of the ordinary. Back when I worked at Newegg.com we offered Bill Me Later as a payment option for gamers and that was more than a decade ago. I used it to buy my dad a computer for his birthday in my early 20s. Soon after, PayPal acquired Bill Me Later and renamed it PayPal Credit which, although not heavily promoted, is probably a payment option at stores many of us shop at—Marine Depot included. It's interesting: the people taking advantage of these promotions aren't who you might expect, like the example I used of myself (young, developing credit). The shoppers using Affirm at Marine Depot have outstanding credit. They evidently just like having more time to pay.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for your post. I am sorry we made you feel this way. I am not yet familiar with what occurred but I'd like to hear what went down so I can speak with the team about it. If you're up for that, please call me or send me an email at your convenience. We never want to make anyone unhappy. Knowing every member of the Marine Depot support staff personally it is shocking to hear you say you were treated rudely or nasty. We can review our past communications if you are able to supply me with your order number. We lost your trust after whatever went down and that pains me to hear. I would like to understand what happened so we do not repeat the same mistakes.

Thank you,

Jeff Johnston
714-385-0080 x688
[email protected]
@BIGGINAPK i don’t know what happened the first time around u ordered but if it was me and Jeff reached out like he did here I would give them a second chance or at least explain to him what happened it might even work out in your favor

People have bad days me included thats why I try not to judge on one incident give them a second shot because although I like brs a lot marine Depot has always treated me well and answered all of my questions and have even extended a sale for me which saved me 3-400 dollars which they didn’t have to do but did.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Not at all. I don't think I'm disclosing any big industry secret here but Neptune Systems sales increase every year thanks to quality products and continual innovation. Expanding their product catalog beyond controllers has been a boon for them and cool to witness as a hobbyist and marketer.

Big picture we welcome more competition in the controller category. It's been neat seeing these interconnected universes of products from various brands come together recently and we are excited for more on the horizon.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

BIGGINAPK

View Badges
Reaction score

Thank you,

Jeff Johnston
714-385-0080 x688
[email protected]
Thanks for your help in straightening out this mess!! It was a pleasure speaking with you and inthank you for your time and understanding.
BIGGINAPK

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back