Neptune Systems Apex JR

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the Apex comes standard with Web interface. My question is, do you need a wireless bridge to be able to connect to a network? To give an example, the profilux 3 needs a wireless bridge which then is able to connect to the network. I want to have direct internet access to monitor and control my tank. Currently I have a Profilux II Plus, therefore I would need to purchase the Profilux upgrade kit, buy a wireless bridge and then finally be able to connect via web. I am seriously considering swapping out my Profilux for an Apex if this is possible. Here is a list of the features I'm most interested in...

1. Control AI (extra module needed)
2. Control Temp
3. Feed Pulse Mode
4. Control Vortech (extra module needed)
5. iPhone/iPad Access
6. Control Cooling Fans
7. Delay for Skimmer
8. PH
9. Mac Compatible
10. ATO

Most important is the ATO. Does Neptune have their own water level sensors with assey bars, or will I have to purchase a different brand (Elos ATO)?

Other then the modules needed to control my AI's and Vortech's, will the Apex Lite suit my needs, heck would I be able to get away with the Apex Jr?

Cheers,

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know if you can control two ph probes with it? (ie run calcium reactor)

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that the Apex comes standard with Web interface. My question is, do you need a wireless bridge to be able to connect to a network? To give an example, the profilux 3 needs a wireless bridge which then is able to connect to the network. I want to have direct internet access to monitor and control my tank. Currently I have a Profilux II Plus, therefore I would need to purchase the Profilux upgrade kit, buy a wireless bridge and then finally be able to connect via web. I am seriously considering swapping out my Profilux for an Apex if this is possible. Here is a list of the features I'm most interested in...

1. Control AI (extra module needed)
2. Control Temp
3. Feed Pulse Mode
4. Control Vortech (extra module needed)
5. iPhone/iPad Access
6. Control Cooling Fans
7. Delay for Skimmer
8. PH
9. Mac Compatible
10. ATO

Most important is the ATO. Does Neptune have their own water level sensors with assey bars, or will I have to purchase a different brand (Elos ATO)?

Other then the modules needed to control my AI's and Vortech's, will the Apex Lite suit my needs, heck would I be able to get away with the Apex Jr?

Cheers,

I think your out of luck with the ATO and the Apex Jr. You would have to go with either the Apex or Apex lite that can support the I/O breakout box for switches and sensors.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, but check the pic again -- it looks like that port that looks like a phone port is labelled as 'Temp' maybe for a simpler type of temperature probe, not the old one with a BNC connector.

I looked right over that, was just looking at the ports themselves. My temp does plug in with a phone like-cable on my Apex I believe.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked right over that, was just looking at the ports themselves. My temp does plug in with a phone like-cable on my Apex I believe.

They do. The ORP and pH probes use the BNC connectors.

CJ

Reggie

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes, my mistake. The temp port does look like a phone port. Still, I don't think it will support the DCs.

Back