Neptune Systems LLS mount for 55g Drum

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
4,903
Reaction score
8,637
Location
Litchfield Park
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was given a 15" LLS when they were still being tested, and I put it in my sump to monitor the level of evaporation. I was intrigued with all the possibilities of knowing exactly the level of the water, that I started thinking about how I can use these for my 55g bins for fresh and salt water.

However these blue barrels aren't quite 35" but definitely longer than 23".

I ended up getting 2 of the 35" ones and figured I'd probably just cut a hole in the lid to allow them to stick out.

That idea changed once I got them and discovered I can set them in the bins at an angle and still have the lid close down over them.

So I set out to take some measurements and utilized some geometry to design what's probably an overcomplicated mount.

Here it is in a nutshell it's a 6 piece print, 2 pieces are grey PLA, 3 are black PETG and the washer is black TPU.

20230104_195200.jpg




20230105_152225.jpg


20230104_195731.jpg


20230104_195743.jpg


I printed 2 sets for each barrel and after getting them in, I decided that the washer should encompass the entire part so I did a little redesign and here it is finished and ready to be programmed.

Screenshot_20230108_163427_Gallery.jpg
 
I was given a 15" LLS when they were still being tested, and I put it in my sump to monitor the level of evaporation. I was intrigued with all the possibilities of knowing exactly the level of the water, that I started thinking about how I can use these for my 55g bins for fresh and salt water.

However these blue barrels aren't quite 35" but definitely longer than 23".

I ended up getting 2 of the 35" ones and figured I'd probably just cut a hole in the lid to allow them to stick out.

That idea changed once I got them and discovered I can set them in the bins at an angle and still have the lid close down over them.

So I set out to take some measurements and utilized some geometry to design what's probably an overcomplicated mount.

Here it is in a nutshell it's a 6 piece print, 2 pieces are grey PLA, 3 are black PETG and the washer is black TPU.

20230104_195200.jpg




20230105_152225.jpg


20230104_195731.jpg


20230104_195743.jpg


I printed 2 sets for each barrel and after getting them in, I decided that the washer should encompass the entire part so I did a little redesign and here it is finished and ready to be programmed.

Screenshot_20230108_163427_Gallery.jpg

Awesome. I am in need of one for a sump with eurobracing

1673224368202.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new