Neptune Systems OmniGraffle Stencils

Aaron Gustafson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re a planner, like me, and are on a Mac, you might be keen to plan out (or document) your Apex setup using a tool like OmniGraffle.

After tearing down my tricked out BioCube before moving cross-country, I started planning my next build and found it really helpful to be able to map out the connections and such to make sure I had enough cables, available ports, etc. Here’s my current plan:

Reefer 170 Apex Setup.png

Given that I’ve learned so much from others here on the forums, I thought I’d pay it forward and share the stencils I’ve created. It’s not exhaustive, but I have most of the Neptune gear in there:
  • 2016 Head Unit,
  • ATK
  • COR 15 & COR 20,
  • DOS,
  • DDR,
  • EB832,
  • FMM,
  • PMUP,
  • WAV,
  • VDM,
  • WXM,
  • and various color-coded cables, probes, sensors, etc.
All are set up with the right number of magnets for the different cable attachment points (which are also labeled).

If it’s missing something you need, shoot me over the info (look, ports, etc.) and I will add it to the stencil set as I have the time.

Attachments

• Netpune Systems 1.0.gstencil.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 356

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice planning.... I did something similar before I built my control room.... Best of luck on new build.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool, i did my planning for the build in autocad but never got to the wiring diagram but now i want to redo the wiring as it is a mess so i will try this.

thanks

Handegard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re a planner, like me, and are on a Mac, you might be keen to plan out (or document) your Apex setup using a tool like OmniGraffle.

After tearing down my tricked out BioCube before moving cross-country, I started planning my next build and found it really helpful to be able to map out the connections and such to make sure I had enough cables, available ports, etc. Here’s my current plan:

Reefer 170 Apex Setup.png

Given that I’ve learned so much from others here on the forums, I thought I’d pay it forward and share the stencils I’ve created. It’s not exhaustive, but I have most of the Neptune gear in there:
  • 2016 Head Unit,
  • ATK
  • COR 15 & COR 20,
  • DOS,
  • DDR,
  • EB832,
  • FMM,
  • PMUP,
  • WAV,
  • VDM,
  • WXM,
  • and various color-coded cables, probes, sensors, etc.
All are set up with the right number of magnets for the different cable attachment points (which are also labeled).

If it’s missing something you need, shoot me over the info (look, ports, etc.) and I will add it to the stencil set as I have the time.

One thing you can do to clean it up, plug the PMUP into a DC24 plug on the EB832, and then you don’t need the power brick for the FMM.

I hate power cords, that’s why I love my WAVs/DOSs/COR15

scot27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just starting out on my full APEX design... can you export this to visio or any other windows format? or I'd even take the device jpgs.... not a mac guy here... would love to see your final design and perhaps a shot or two of the installed gear?
Great job on the diagram...saved me an hour or two!!

Fish Care Practitioner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron, thank you for the great diagram. Very helpful as I am an Apex novice in the planning stage for my new 220 g. Can you just clarify the cable type that you diagramed in orange and green?

I'm assuming blue and yellow is tubing; gray is fixed electrical connections that don't plug in/out, and black are electrical plugs.

Fish Care Practitioner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron, thank for the great diagram. As an Apex novice, can you clarify the types of cables you outlined in green and orange?

I assume gray and yellow is tubing, black are electrical plugs, and blue is fixed electrical/sensor connections that don't plug in/out.

OP
OP
Aaron Gustafson

Aaron Gustafson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaron, thank for the great diagram. As an Apex novice, can you clarify the types of cables you outlined in green and orange?

I assume gray and yellow is tubing, black are electrical plugs, and blue is fixed electrical/sensor connections that don't plug in/out.

They are actually labelled in the OmniGraffle Stencil file. Here’s a pic:

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.33.25 PM.png

In the stencil file, all of the modules have anchor points for each of the different cable/cord types so you can make sure you have enough cables (and ports) :)

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great drawing, Now i am in the situation that i need to plug in mini clip fan and a neptune pump (for my manual water change) and i am not sure where ports are available unless i spend time to trace back wires. Is there a way using Apex web ui and find out which ports i haven't used? so while i am away from home i could start the drawing layout

I am going to make a drawing like this and stick it to the cabinet door.
Sounds like omniGraffle on mac is not free tool though

OP
OP
Aaron Gustafson

Aaron Gustafson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great drawing, Now i am in the situation that i need to plug in mini clip fan and a neptune pump (for my manual water change) and i am not sure where ports are available unless i spend time to trace back wires. Is there a way using Apex web ui and find out which ports i haven't used? so while i am away from home i could start the drawing layout

I am going to make a drawing like this and stick it to the cabinet door.
Sounds like omniGraffle on mac is not free tool though

There are a few options in the UI. First, look for the little icon that looks like a flowchart. It'll take you to this screen:

Screenshot_20190618-094053.png

The URL for that should be https://apexfusion.com/apex/YOUR_APEX_ID_HERE/config

Another option is to consult the outlets page. It looks like a 3-prong American wall outlet (at least here in the US). That should give you an overview of what outlets you have occupied and available as well.

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few options in the UI. First, look for the little icon that looks like a flowchart. It'll take you to this screen:

Screenshot_20190618-094053.png

The URL for that should be https://apexfusion.com/apex/YOUR_APEX_ID_HERE/config

Another option is to consult the outlets page. It looks like a 3-prong American wall outlet (at least here in the US). That should give you an overview of what outlets you have occupied and available as well.

Thats cool they added this new layout, i guess i don't need a graph/drawing then.

Back