Neptune Systems - The countdown has begun

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is Bluetooth only right now. Fusion is Wi-Fi and can be accessed remotely. Fusion is better than Mobius. This allows all of your equipment to talk if you’re in the ecosystem. This also allows one app control instead of bouncing back and forth. First world problems? Sure, but this is also a luxury hobby

Meh, I just remote into my tablet.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius is Bluetooth only right now. Fusion is Wi-Fi and can be accessed remotely. Fusion is better than Mobius. This allows all of your equipment to talk if you’re in the ecosystem. This also allows one app control instead of bouncing back and forth. First world problems? Sure, but this is also a luxury hobby
One thing that seems contradictory is that fusion communicates with mobius, which suggests to me that we're still going to have "1st world problems" needing 2 switch between 2 apps.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that seems contradictory is that fusion communicates with mobius, which suggests to me that we're still going to have "1st world problems" needing 2 switch between 2 apps.

My guess is the WXM module is basically just a Bluetooth chip in a cheap grey plastic box that has access to the APIs.

Open up the APIs and then we're talking. :)

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I said I’ve been testing the mxm since December. For me it’s been great. What I like is the ability to tie things into my apex for automation.

Some examples:

I have my MP40s, Nero 3 and Nero 7 all controlled by my apex. I have multiple feed modes setup. One feed mode is all flow off, so it turns everything off when I do Feed A. Another feed mode reduces flow. So my two Neros turn off and my Mp40s go into a gentle pulse and my return pump turns off.

I’ve also got a flush mode that I enable where my Mp40s turn on to NTM mode at a high percentage, the Neros turn on pulse, my return ramps up full and my auto top off turns off. I can turn this on when I want to storm the tank.

For my radions I have a profile setup that reduces the intensity of my lights when I do big water changes since a lot of corals are out of the water. So I have a virtual outlet setup that turns off all flow, and reduces the intensity of my lights by half. I can turn this on via Alexa by just saying “Alexa ask apex fusion to turn on big water change”.

Also with my Radions my wife often complains the living room is too blue when she takes pics of the kids so I made a radion profile that turns my lights full while. I setup a virtual outlet with a “when on” statement to turn it off after a period of time. When my wife wants to not mess up her kid pics she can just say “Alexa ask apex fusion to set “white lights to auto”. It will turn on that profile for 15 minutes then turn it off. I use the same profile when I’m hunting algae in my tank.

I’ve also got a “blue pop” setting setup the same way that I enable with Alexa.

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad about Versa not being supported at launch. But there is hope:

From the Neptune page:
“Are there any products that are not compatible with MXM and will they be in the future?
Yes, Currently the EcoTech Versa peristaltic/dosing pumps are not compatible with MXM at launch. It is possible that they may be compatible with MXM in the future.”

- let’s hope, but also never buy tech on the promise of a future feature.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see that it is out in the UK as well! Did just order mine off Charterhouse Aquatics, should be here tomorrow!

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda how i look at it. I just want it all in one app and can control when im not home.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Kind of disappointed in the price of this...

Seems ridiculous to shell out $120 to be able to link two devices with wireless connection built it. I think I'm going to skip this for now
If I thought $120 was ridiculous for something in this hobby, I’d just have a reef scene playing on my TV and no tank at all.

It’s a nice to have. Definitely not a need to have. But I like the tinkering and automation just as much as the inhabitants.

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda how i look at it. I just want it all in one app and can control when im not home.

Yeah that makes sense for folks, but when you think about it, if you run all Ecotech gear as I do, what is the one device that you would be likely to need remote access to? The Versa. Everything else is set and forget. I'm not tuning my Return pump, Wave pumps, or Lighting when I'm on a trip. 0 chance.

Now, tweaking a dosing pump because my Alk went too high? yep. No support for that at all.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that makes sense for folks, but when you think about it, if you run all Ecotech gear as I do, what is the one device that you would be likely to need remote access to? The Versa. Everything else is set and forget. I'm not tuning my Return pump, Wave pumps, or Lighting when I'm on a trip. 0 chance.

Now, tweaking a dosing pump because my Alk went too high? yep. No support for that at all.
Good point. I run red sea dosing pumps and DOS for WCs. I thought the versas were a bit overpriced but thats my opinion.

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any information on customization of Ecotech QD pumps thru the Apex Fusion App?

I've gotten my Vectra pump set up with an 80% constant flow, and noticed that when my (3) three MP40QD pumps were brought over, they defaulted the pumps to 10% constant flow. I've pumped them up a bit, but I really liked the previous custom flow scheduling and programs that were available thru the Mobius App (which cannot be accessed on WIFI/out of home). NOTE: I did notice that with the pumps integration (defaulted to VORTEH 6_1, 6_2, 6_3, there are also (3) three other VARSPD widgets). I am to guess that these would be your customization options?

DG

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1686756655187.png

So it does support versa

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any information on customization of Ecotech QD pumps thru the Apex Fusion App?

I've gotten my Vectra pump set up with an 80% constant flow, and noticed that when my (3) three MP40QD pumps were brought over, they defaulted the pumps to 10% constant flow. I've pumped them up a bit, but I really liked the previous custom flow scheduling and programs that were available thru the Mobius App (which cannot be accessed on WIFI/out of home). NOTE: I did notice that with the pumps integration (defaulted to VORTEH 6_1, 6_2, 6_3, there are also (3) three other VARSPD widgets). I am to guess that these would be your customization options?

DG
It's kind of hard to follow what you're asking. But with the vectra and vortechs you can program them through apex fusion similar to how you program them through mobius. Keeping innmond that you're following the logic of fusion, which means the end goals are the same except the platforms on mobius vs fusion are differently navigated.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
from BRS, that must be a typo

EcoTech Marine

• Radion XR15 & XR30 LED Lights (G5 | G6)
  • Vortech MQD Series (MP10 | MP40 | MP60)
  • Vectra Series 2 (S2 | M2 | L2)
AquaIllumination

• Hydra Series (32 HD | 64 HD)
  • Prime 16HD (Reef | Freshwater | Sol | Fuge)
  • Nero Series (Nero 3 | Nero 5 | Nero 7)
  • Blade (Grow | Glow | Freshwater | Refugium)
*Requires Neptune Systems Apex A3 (Apex Pro, Apex, Apex Jr.) or Apex A2 (Apex, Apex EL)

From neptune page

1686757886739.png

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back