Neptune Trident Troubles

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve really been through the ringer this week with my equipment!

The latest is that my Trident (connected via power cord and aquabus) gets as far through the setup process as the light turning blue...then it turns orange and just keeps blinking —- it’s going on 2 hours now. I’ve tried different Aquabus ports, and different Aquabus cables. Once or twice it went red. What can I do?

By the way, the reason I’m not using a 1 Link is bc I tried that, and the unit did the same thing (stuck on blinking orange) had also lit up red a few times. Upon inspection, one side of the 1 Link is missing that little tab underneath the holes that you plug in — would that cause an error?

Either way, I can’t get past the orange blinking light.

Thanks,

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you follow Neptune's official setup instructions, which includes updating your Apex to the latest firmware prior to plugging in the Trident?

OP
OP
J

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I got my new Apex yesterday, and tonight, as I was installing the Trident, I got notification that an update was available — but I already started. Now what?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I got my new Apex yesterday, and tonight, as I was installing the Trident, I got notification that an update was available — but I already started. Now what?

Disconnect the Trident, then install the Apex update. After it reboots, go into the Fusion Tasks and select Trident Initial Setup. It will walk you through the process step by step, including when to actually connect the Trident. Don't skip any steps, and everything should work smoothly.

OP
OP
J

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disconnect the Trident, then install the Apex update. After it reboots, go into the Fusion Tasks and select Trident Initial Setup. It will walk you through the process step by step, including when to actually connect the Trident. Don't skip any steps, and everything should work smoothly.
Did that — no go. Still blinking orange. Is it possible to reset the Trident and start over?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that — no go. Still blinking orange. Is it possible to reset the Trident and start over?

OK, so if your Apex has the latest update, what does it show for the Trident status? If the Trident is connected, go to your list of Modules, then click the Trident module to get to its configuration page. Check the Status, and the Software Version status:

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.11.17 PM.png

OP
OP
J

JurisHP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it won’t get past first turning blue, and then blinking orange forever, Fusion doesn’t even recognize the Trident yet.

OK, so if your Apex has the latest update, what does it show for the Trident status? If the Trident is connected, go to your list of Modules, then click the Trident module to get to its configuration page. Check the Status, and the Software Version status:

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 8.11.17 PM.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it won’t get past first turning blue, and then blinking orange forever, Fusion doesn’t even recognize the Trident yet.

So you actually examined the list of Modules, and it's not listed?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably need to open a ticket with Neptune Support.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it can’t be reset?

There's no reset button like found on the Apex. If there is any way to reset it, Neptune has not publicly revealed it.

U

User1

View Badges
If you haven't already done so please follow the instructions below. As @SuncrestReef noted you do not plug in the trident initially. It sounds different but there is a reason. Instructions say it will take longer if you do. You have to update the Apex firmware before you do anything with the trident.

If you are still having troubles just shoot them a email. They will follow up with you on Monday. On rare occasions I've submitted a ticket on the weekend and received an email but Monday for sure.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1link module or 1link ports on EB832?

Mark Lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue just installed trident went through all the steps one by one and flashing orange... its all plugged in flashed some color and chirped a bit then went flashing orange. 8 months of trying to get one then this crap. Just got my Apex brain back today after two weeks had a bad SD card replaced under warranty. Frustrating like JurisHP know how he feels.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Same issue just installed trident went through all the steps one by one and flashing orange... Disconnected from what? its all plugged in flashed some color and chirped a bit then went flashing orange. 8 months of trying to get one then this crap. Just got my Apex brain back today after two weeks had a bad SD card replaced under warranty. Frustrating like JurisHP know how he feels.

How is the trident connected? 1 link or via power adapter, aqua bus? What color lights are on the trident, if any?

You said "just installed" yet I see readings so I'm assuming it has been running then this issue?

Mark Lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 link, seem to show tiles but yet disconnected. blue at first then goes to flashing orange even tho tiles it say they did. I just deleted it and rebooted, went from blue to flashing orange. Ok no tiles nothing.......#$%^& glad I saved box.

Mark Lawson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick follow up...... After phone call today I feel better as I did everything right it was the unit. Tech went through it and found it was not responding to even his back door prompts. They sent a RMA # and free shipping label to them, they will send out a new one. So other 1-2 weeks and I should be setup.

Robert1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, same story. Installed a second DOS (Quatro?) , had a few power connection issues, now everything is working but Trident is flashing orange after working properly for two weeks. Checked connections, reservoir levels, rebooted and still have orange flashing. Everything seems to be working, just flashing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back