Neptune trident

VelocityTech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the complaint dude.

The complaint is I don't need a new set of probes or an EB832 at the moment.

I need a main brain....and actually I'll need two main brains as I refuse to run an apex without a back up brain in my supply cabinet.

My complaint is: Sell me the gear I need, don't force me to buy gear I already own.

What's your suggestion?

Spend $1,600 on two apex units an then end up with a closet full of probes, 3 salinity monitors an extra pm2 and two eb8s?

Rip all that crap out and sell used stuff for peanuts?

Maybe just sell all the new probes and extra 3b832 on the forums at a loss?

Yea ok......i could do all that (And may just have to).

Or....they can sell me a main brain for $350...sell me a back up main brain for $350 in a couple months....and the next time I need more outlets (it's gonna happen eventually cause I'm using 16...athough the 1links are keeping me right on the edge as I can use those ports instead).... I'll pick up an E832
Agreed. Let us complain.

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have owned both, so there's no real rage. I guess the truth to a fanboy sounds that way lol.
Not a fanboy, just wanting to learn about the product. Cant do it it seems, gotta get over the moaning of those that have the choice to go elsewhere, but stick around burning the thread

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fanboy, just wanting to learn about the product. Cant do it it seems, gotta get over the moaning of those that have the choice to go elsewhere, but stick around burning the thread
How is it burning the thread when I'm giving evidence to back up my statements of why I'm mad I never said apex is horrible once in fact the only thing U have said is that if u don't like it go elsewhere this thread is full of apex haters that's all u have. When in fact almost everyone in here has an apex and is only questioning why they would do this to there customers.

Should I sit back and say hey this is the best thing ever to happen to the aquarium trade?is that what u want to hear from everyone who now has to drop close to 2000 dollars to get this amazing product for no reason given besides ram? All the while on all the videos Terrance is saying it's a 600 dollar product because it had to be because the 1000 dollar alk monitors is a bit outrageous when in reality is a 1600-2000 dollar monitor? That's not a lie to you? To me it is or should I be happy and say This product is so awesome that it looks like a wave and will fit nowhere in or around my tank?

Apex loves people who believe everything they say instead of questioning them over there reasoning. If Neptune would say o u also need to buy the new dos we are specifically making for the trident would u run out and buy a dos. Instead of asking wait why doesn't my 500 dollar one year old dos Compatible with this?

To me I want a reason why besides random access memory we need to upgrade our controllers. Is that bashing apex no that's me trying to make a sound reasonable decision for my tank and my wallet

U keep saying we're there stereotype apex haters well u are the stereotypical apex lover. Nothing they do will ever be wrong even tho u have admited in this thread that u bought the new apex it didn't work they gave u great customer support but then u had to return it run without a controller and then bought the new apex when all the bugs were worked out. To me that's not good customer service that's them covering there butt to save face and why so many people at the time bought the classic apex.

Good customer service from apex is Jon mosnacher reading one of my post saying I was having a problem with the apex solenoid I just bought somehow finding out my email address and getting in touch with me to send me a new solenoid free of charge. And one of the reasons I do love my apex

good customer service Would not be me having to return the solenoid waiting till all the kinks are worked out then buying a new one while my tank sits in limbo.

We just think differently I guess I want to know why and some people just want to be told what to do even if it makes no logical sense. I want the same customer service I got for my solenoid for the reasoning behind why it can't work on a classic apex. When all it does is monitor that's it ur telling me they can make powerheads that know when to shut off when the water is low or a flow monitor an auto top off test ph orp and salinity tell me when a doseing container is low or my par live at the swipe of my fingertips on a classic but can't make a monitor that does nothing besides input a value into ur dashboard without me upgrading to the new apex because of ram. And they tried the best they could to do it in the six months they have been working on it while it's taken the core three plus years to come to the market? No they don't want to try any harder then they have to because they want our money again. Windows did this in the late 90s they were the best product everyone had it it's only compition was windows and they forced everyone to upgrade there computer and look what happened mac came out of nowhere and darn near put windows out of business because of it.

When more of neptunes customers own apex classics then the new apex what do u think will happen when the classic apex dies on them? Go back to the same company that forces you into an upgrade or go to ghl where you are able to switch everything out?

You also brought up don't forget u have to get a pc for ghl well guess what I already have one because my apex classic forces me to update with a computer because you can't do it with an iPhone or iPad so I thought ahead and bought a pc just incase.

There is no hate towards apex going on from me just valued questions on why instead of being a drone and saying how high do u want me to jump Neptune? Also here's another 2000 dollars for ya I'll start saving up for the 2000 dollars u will sucker me into in another two years when the new apex is obsolete to do the latest new thing with.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watching in person and it's impressive. It is rather large and will require a shelf as it doesn't appear to be mountable.
How big do you think it is? And is it really just two lines in and out with a one link power chord?

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watching in person and it's impressive. It is rather large and will require a shelf as it doesn't appear to be mountable.
Not sure about the design at all...im sure they aimed for the modern appeal, but it is cone shaped? We would definitely need a shelf and this will sit outside of the stand for sure.
Do you have any pics of it besides the one from the side?
I see the waste water comtainer, but would like to see other details so we can figure this thing out.
Thank you for sharing

Tucker64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
62427038-F5EC-425C-B8B0-C30E8877A5A1-18999-00000F5CCCB7E045.jpg

Upgrade and just get it over with [emoji12]

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is everyone so up in arms about needing the latest apex. You need a new TV if you want 4K content, you need a new PS4 or Xbox One to play the latest games. Want to do VR content? Youll need the latest computer and graphics cards. At some point if you want to innovate and make new products older hardware can no longer be supported.

From a price standpoint the Trident is still very competitive. KH guardian just by itself is 1,100. The Alktronic is targeting a $800 price point. GHL is claiming just less than 500 but it requires their $ 350 - $400 doser to pull in sample and reagents and needs their controller as well. All of these will require reagant but also new ph probes at some point. They also only test Alk while the Trident will test all 3.

No one is stopping you from buying the 2016 Apex for 720 (10% off during Macna and usually black friday). Selling the classic kit for $300. Meaning the latest version costing you 420. Add the trident for 600. Still costing you less than the Guardian and now you have a fully functional new controller with 4 probes , power monitoring, 3 element testing, and fusion.

drsalomon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the thing to do is to upgrade the classic to 2016 today with the sale and minimize your loses on the forced obsolecence, sell the classic, purchase the kh monitor for 600 when it is available, sell it in 0.5-3 years once the trident is available.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you can set this right up with the DOS system so it tests and doses for you

I believe that's the whole point . They are developing the software with safe guards (like the ato) so you don't over dose but after a while of just testing I'm sure we'll all be switching to auto dosing

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not hating, All I want is an opportunity to be able to buy the new Apex brain without the probes and energy bar. I just finished redoing all of my cable management, I have 3 EB8's and I don't need another. I've got all the probes and will be upgrading my dosing to the DOS system soon.
But as an owner of the Classic, bought 2 months before the release of the new version and someone that believes that a product needs some time on the market to work out kinks, I find it frustrating if I have to buy a whole package instead of just a new brain. And I think most Classic users would not complain if the New Brain Units were available as a single piece.
I think that is what most people are really angry about.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In other words, you guys mostly want Neptune to offer an upgrade path for the brain in order to allow existing users to remain current on innovations within the Neptune line.

Can't say I disagree with you or think that's a bad idea. I'd be curious to know what is preventing Neptune from going this route. Hard to say if its a financial conflict for the company or some other limiting factor. I suspect the former honestly, but that is Neptune's prerogative.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other words, you guys mostly want Neptune to offer an upgrade path for the brain in order to allow existing users to remain current on innovations within the Neptune line.

Can't say I disagree with you or think that's a bad idea. I'd be curious to know what is preventing Neptune from going this route. Hard to say if its a financial conflict for the company or some other limiting factor. I suspect the former honestly, but that is Neptune's prerogative.

Absolutely! But if that is the direction they go, then it would be against the whole Apex mantra about being for the customer. Just give us the upgrade op. and I think most will be satisfied. Plus it would save $$ on packaging/shipping. and I think you would have a ton of sales

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! But if that is the direction they go, then it would be against the whole Apex mantra about being for the customer. Just give us the upgrade op. and I think most will be satisfied. Plus it would save $$ on packaging/shipping. and I think you would have a ton of sales
If they just sold the brains I think a lot of classic guys would upgrade. I know I would

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of all the new products that have shipped there are only two that don't work with the classic. (The EB832 and now the trident) They said during the meeting, that the issue was the system/programming capabilities on the embedded chips in the classic. As a software engineer, I've certainly ran into times where I just couldn't make something work with an older system, and that was what it seemed like when Terrance made the announcement. He was very contrite it seemed to me when he said it, and he highlighted why (Embedding software inside every module). It feels to early to me to feel like you've been left behind until they make it a pattern of not making modules available for the Apex classic.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back