OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tank as the lights are coming on......sorry for the bad iPhone picture...it is hard to tell what is coral and what isn't lol. Still haven't figured out how to take good pictures. Each pump is angled up towards the center of the tank. The large torch used to be on the right rock towards the bottom, directly in the middle.
Tank.jpg

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tank as the lights are coming on......sorry for the bad iPhone picture...it is hard to tell what is coral and what isn't lol. Still haven't figured out how to take good pictures. Each pump is angled up towards the center of the tank. The large torch used to be on the right rock towards the bottom, directly in the middle.
Tank.jpg
So my guess is that the lowest flow areas are going to be on the right and left sides... the center is going to be the absolutely worst area for low flow corals. This is my opinion, but I think for a true mixed reef you could benefit from more rock work... provides more places that are shielded from the flow of the pumps. But if you ear muff the pumps, the entire bottom area in the center and around the rocks will be much lower flow areas, and you can turn them up to where it will give your SPS enough flow. :)

Those are my thoughts, for what they're worth.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my guess is that the lowest flow areas are going to be on the right and left sides... the center is going to be the absolutely worst area for low flow corals. This is my opinion, but I have honk for a true mixed reef you could benefit from more rock work... provides more places that are shielded from the flow of the pumps. But if you ear muff the pumps, the entire bottom area in the center and around the rocks will be much lower flow areas, and you can turn them up to where it will give your SPS enough flow. :)

Those are my thoughts, for what they're worth.
Your thought appear to be correct.....the right side (below the Wav) has two softball sized hammers and an elegance, which are fine. Anything near the center is where I run into problems. I think I need to migrate more towards a SPS only tank.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a counterpoint... here's a brief video from just before I fed tonight... fusion says the FLO is 5.4 during the video. (That's not taking into consideration the return or the pair of Tunze 6040s that on on the overflow for circulation at the rear of the tank)

I have lots of LPS and nems right in the center where the tides clash :)

skynite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a counterpoint... here's a brief video from just before I fed tonight... fusion says the FLO is 5.4 during the video. (That's not taking into consideration the return or the pair of Tunze 6040s that on on the overflow for circulation at the rear of the tank)

I have lots of LPS and nems right in the center where the tides clash :)

@ksfulk what type of sand do you have?

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Mavericks 24 hours/day. I run my right WAV at a max of 75% and my left WAV at a max of 68%... most of my LPS are on the left side of the tank. ...

@Broadfield, would you be willing to share your WAV programming data in text form so that it can be easily copied and pasted?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back