Neptune

Trismagestus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Neptune and i wanted to set up a virtual output. One that allows me to do maintenance and or feed. i find when i turn off my cor-15 return pump after shutting everything off individually to feed, bubbles sputter from my return line. Just trying to figure out how id slow the pump and gradually bring it back up to speed after a few minutes. Also programming this outlet to shut off pump, skimmer, 2 wavemakers while feeding for 10-15 minutes then turning on. Plus i wanted my alarm to sound if there's leak detected with the leak detector i got with my neptune. the audible alarm on the apex would be ideal to sound off if this happened but not sure how to set the configuration or put in codes. I know i sound dumb but this is new to me but ready and willing to learn if anyone has the time to explain to me in "dummy" terms.

any help would be nice.75 gallon tank with corals and a new kole tang and rabbitface that id like to keep happy :)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To program the length of your feed cycles, tap the wrench icon as seen here.
IMG_5103.jpeg

Then it will pull up your feed cycles, which you can program in seconds.
IMG_5102.jpeg

Codes go into the advanced programming section of the outlet your equipment is plugged into.
IMG_5106.jpeg

IMG_5104.jpeg

IMG_5105.jpeg

To program equipment to use a feed cycle and turn off immediately, use the following code, but only for the feed cycle you want. I have one for feeding, and one for maintenance.
IMG_5101.jpeg

If you want things like skimmers and wavemakers to wait a while after the feed cycle ends, put in the defer code (in minutes) like the following. This will defer the device that many minutes when the feed cycle ends. That way no overfilling skimmer cups, etc.
IMG_5100.jpeg

Not sure on slowing down a pump instead of turning it off.

Last edited:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on slowing down a pump instead of turning it off.
I think it’s the same code as off but instead of saying “OFF” you just put in the percentage you want it to go down to.
“If FeedA 000 Then 5” would then turn the pump down to 5% for the feed mode duration.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 82 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.2%
Back