Nero 3 Placement

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just re did my rock work and was looking on places to put my wavemakers. I usually ran one jebeao and two Nero 3 but not sure where to put it

Equipment list: 2 Nero 3 2000 GPH
Jebao- 1000 GPH
And another Jebao- 1000 gph

My second Nero just came back from repairs and don’t know where to put it. I am willing to take out these jebeo and replace with the Nero aswell no problem.

Waterbox 50.3 aio

I want and plan on keeping acros but waiting to get my flow right. Here is a pic of my tank before it got wiped by Dino’s
IMG_5304.jpeg IMG_5303.jpeg IMG_5125.png

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Jebao and just run a Nero 3 on either side of the tank (facing inwards). I'd probably run them at the same height as the one on the left but more towards the middle.

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditch the Jebao and just run a Nero 3 on either side of the tank (facing inwards). I'd probably run them at the same height as the one on the left but more towards the middle.
I only had Jebao on the left and one Nero on the right. And Like run them facing each other on each end of the tank? Like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or what even like this? One jebeao is at the bottom to eliminate the dead spot I have. The other to move things at the top and one Nero in front and another middle. But still don’t think it’s providing enough slow moving everything around on the rocks

Gyarados

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
I’d run the setup blaxsun mentioned, but in reality no one will tell you the correct placement of the power heads other than the corals themselves.
You could technically place the power heads, and then place the corals according to flow. But IMO you’ll be limited in what you could keep.

By the way I’d be more worried about the third clown than the flow with no corals around.

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
I’d run the setup blaxsun mentioned, but in reality no one will tell you the correct placement of the power heads other than the corals themselves.
You could technically place the power heads, and then place the corals according to flow. But IMO you’ll be limited in what you could keep.

By the way I’d be more worried about the third clown than the flow with no corals around.
Wait what’s wrong with the third clown? Because he isn’t in a pair?

OP
OP
D

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait what’s wrong with the third clown? Because he isn’t in a pair?
Yep. Three's company until, well - it isn't...
I had to move my other one because he was getting bullied, by another clown. Waiting for the right colorway of clown to come to the lfs

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back