Never had an SPS before, advice please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ejostling
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ejostling

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
47
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an SPS frag from a mystery box frag lot. I am a little puzzled as to why the seller attached it that way to the frag, but...there it is. Can I pop it off and mount it vertical or will I injure it. Also, it's really growing nice!!! Fun to see.

IMG_20210512_131213.jpg
 
Yes, you can pop it off and remount it if you want. They are often mounted that way to encourage faster growth since more of the frag is exposed to light.
 
Yes, you can pop it off and remount it if you want. They are often mounted that way to encourage faster growth since more of the frag is exposed to light.
Nice!!! Thank you for the quick response.
 
Leave it horizontal. It will base faster that way! Nice green digitata, good starter sps
Thank you! That little inch section is all my tank growth. Exciting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new