New 10 Gallon Reef sump

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2017
Messages
323
Reaction score
270
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody I have a pretty simple question but am having a hard time finding an answer. How big should a sump be for a 10 gallon nano. I created the tank originally out of tons of extra parts I've had but after my DIY protein filter finally being installed yesterday it's really starting to get cramped in there and I'd like to make a sump to save space before I introduce life to the system.
 
Big enough to hide all the equipment. (Heater, filtration)

Instead of filtration, you could do regular water changes. Then all you have to hide is the heater.
 
Your sump can be whatever size you want it to be. As stated above as long as it's big enough to hide all your stuff and you're happy with it that's all that matters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new