New 20g Long cheap fish suggestions.

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is currently cycling, i was looking for some fish suggestions please that wont break my bank. I will Also just be going for easy cheap corals, Softies and lps. possibly an anenome :) would appreciate suggestions. Thank you guys.

Aquarium.jpg

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tailspot blenny! Firefish. Royal Gramma or the more expensive cousin blackcap basslet. If you feel like splurging a bit, a pair of pink streak wrasses or a possum wrasse would be great fun.
love your color choices, that tailspot blenny is beautiful and a royal gamma for sure ! Do you think a pair of clowns would do ok? i mean i like tomato clowns but i read they grow up to 5 inches, thats a massive clown lol

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love your color choices, that tailspot blenny is beautiful and a royal gamma for sure ! Do you think a pair of clowns would do ok? i mean i like tomato clowns but i read they grow up to 5 inches, thats a massive clown lol
I wouldn't do a tomato clown in a 20g. Would probably just stick with a pair of $15 occelaris clowns! Designer clowns are plentiful, too. I don't know if there is a real correlation between designer clowns and aggression, but some say so.

Tailspot blenny packs in the most character per dollar, for sure. They are funny fish. A flame hawkfish is also pretty inexpensive and could be interesting with some care --> no small inverts like sexy shrimp or peppermints. Full size cleaner shrimp might be ok. And just hope for a peaceful one.

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do a tomato clown in a 20g. Would probably just stick with a pair of $15 occelaris clowns! Designer clowns are plentiful, too. I don't know if there is a real correlation between designer clowns and aggression, but some say so.

Tailspot blenny packs in the most character per dollar, for sure. They are funny fish. A flame hawkfish is also pretty inexpensive and could be interesting with some care --> no small inverts like sexy shrimp or peppermints. Full size cleaner shrimp might be ok. And just hope for a peaceful one.
Thank you :)

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do a nice Caribbean set up. Get a bunch of rock flower anemones and photosynthetic gorgonians. You can put in neon gobies, masked gobies, and if you have a full cover, yellow head jawfish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back