New 250 gallon tank Overflow types and sump types?

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for ideas on what type of overflow box to use, I guess I can use the Ghost overflow or the Modular Marine ghost overflow. So which is quieter?
Also what kind of sump should I get, where should the exhaust pipe goes, on one side or in the middle. I t will be a higher flow sump so I am looking for ideas as well on which sump to get.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^Bummer there is a super cheap BNIB Crystal Dynamic 72 x 36 x 24 in Katy Texas for sale at 1500.

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard great reviews on the Modular marine, and that’s why I went for on my new 220ish build, unfortunately, receiving it has been a massive head ache, and customer service has been as well. It’s been a month, and we’re shipping it for a second time now (first time was returned to sender because they didn’t do the proper shipping information).

On my 180 I had a synergy reef, and other then it being noises at first, it was a great over flow. I fixed the noise by raising the water level in the box nearly to the top.

OP
OP
Blue Spot Octopus

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that it is really difficult to get a hold of Modular Marine, my tank is being drilled for Modular Marine, so I hope that they have some in stock.
So with your 180 do find it better to have the intake of the sump in the middle or on either end to be best?

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that it is really difficult to get a hold of Modular Marine, my tank is being drilled for Modular Marine, so I hope that they have some in stock.
So with your 180 do find it better to have the intake of the sump in the middle or on either end to be best?

Worked better working from one end to the other (left to right for me) that way the water flows past everything evenly (skimmer, refugium, etc)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back