OP
OP
levi_larimore

levi_larimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the best group on the net. Same advice as everyone else, move slow. Looks like Current Marine - Orbit lights on top?
sorry not sure what that is but my light is a led light i had t5's but of course it didn't work learned my lesson from buying from ebay real quick but the light i have now is a 30" led only meant for soft corals i would definitely be interested in a better light for some of the "hard" corals but havent made the leap on any yet if you guys have suggestions for lights please feel free to let me know I have been checking the marketplace on here but a little worried after the bad purchase on ebay also thank you to everyone for the advice i really appreciate any/all help

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Never heard of too many pods. You'll have plenty of things to stress about. Pods and diatoms aren't worth the worry :)

Looking good. You're getting great advise.

spockwelcome.jpg

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"nothing good ever happens fast in reefing"... best words I ever heard...

Welcome to R2R! You will find most everything you need here. Please PM me if you have specific questions and I can try to answer them or get you a good site/R2R member that can... :) . Join a local club too! Get to know your LFS owners...

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 5.29.43 PM.png

OP
OP
levi_larimore

levi_larimore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"nothing good ever happens fast in reefing"... best words I ever heard...

Welcome to R2R! You will find most everything you need here. Please PM me if you have specific questions and I can try to answer them or get you a good site/R2R member that can... :) . Join a local club too! Get to know your LFS owners...

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 5.29.43 PM.png
Thanks kc I will definitely have questions I actually moved from the kc area about 2 years ago it’s a small world but thanks for the comment

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to be negative but you’ll be lucky if most of those corals survive a brand new tank with the flux in parameters and ugly algae stage you’re going to go thru. I’d try your best to keep the parameters in check, test every other day and don’t buy anything else until you have gone thru all the stages of algae and you’re tank has leveled out. (It will take months)

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry not sure what that is but my light is a led light i had t5's but of course it didn't work learned my lesson from buying from ebay real quick but the light i have now is a 30" led only meant for soft corals i would definitely be interested in a better light for some of the "hard" corals but havent made the leap on any yet if you guys have suggestions for lights please feel free to let me know I have been checking the marketplace on here but a little worried after the bad purchase on ebay also thank you to everyone for the advice i really appreciate any/all help
I, like everyone else, will have a lot of suggestions on lights. Lots of good options and methods. But, let your tank age and stabilize before adding any of the hard stuff (or anything else). Stability is king here.

junrboy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry not sure what that is but my light is a led light i had t5's but of course it didn't work learned my lesson from buying from ebay real quick but the light i have now is a 30" led only meant for soft corals i would definitely be interested in a better light for some of the "hard" corals but havent made the leap on any yet
Welcome!! What was the issue that you had with the T5s? I have the current orbits and supplement them with cheap T5s I bought off of Amazon. Once I did I noticed a lot more coral growth.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back