OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another pix...Im used to taking pics at a certain angle, however it gives the appearance the tank isn't centered...i guess its the ocd in me!!! The tank is centered folks...

1582654536399.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thanks for all of your comments and recommendations.... I have a couple questions. I discovered i have a small leak where one of the pipe connects to a joint....When i say small i mean one drop every 2-3 minutes...any recommendations?

Second question and i had a feeling it would be an issue... is temperature. I've noticed my temp went from 74-79.2 degrees in one day! The apex is programmed to shut down the lights if the temp goes above 79 degrees. On my previous build, my tank would rarely get above 78 degrees and only in the summer months.

The builder of the canopy created ventilation areas, two 14in X 26in cut outs at the top and three 2 inch holes between the group of lights... my thought is to place three 50mm fans over the ventilation holes, to suck air out of the canopy...do you think this will work? My goal is the keep the temp below 78 degrees.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thanks for all of your comments and recommendations.... I have a couple questions. I discovered i have a small leak where one of the pipe connects to a joint....When i say small i mean one drop every 2-3 minutes...any recommendations?

Second question and i had a feeling it would be an issue... is temperature. I've noticed my temp went from 74-79.2 degrees in one day! The apex is programmed to shut down the lights if the temp goes above 79 degrees. On my previous build, my tank would rarely get above 78 degrees and only in the summer months.

The builder of the canopy created ventilation areas, two 14in X 26in cut outs at the top and three 2 inch holes between the group of lights... my thought is to place three 50mm fans over the ventilation holes, to suck air out of the canopy...do you think this will work? My goal is the keep the temp below 78 degrees.
Any suggestions on this?

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey family... another quick update... unfortunately i am unable to fix the leak in the manifold :mad:, so i will have to rebuild a large portion of the manifold. More pics and updates to come.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More Updates! Added a few corals...(Hopefully not too early...) Received my Caulerpa for the fuge and add more live rock.... tank was looking pretty empty.

The my goal for the aquascape is depth and my attempt at illusions. Depending on the angle the tank looks different...thats the goal anyway

1583027867120.png

1583027936745.png

1583027982210.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Nitrate and Phos are zero according to the latest Salifert test....But my chaeto is growing so i think its using it therefore the test are coming up as zeros. Whats baffling me is my understanding caulerpa is practically bullet proof... not sure why its dying. Or is this normal when you add it to a new environment, it dies and then starts growing again?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back