New 32 gal Oceanic Biocube Build

Abdullah Al Faruq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judi, nice little star!

So how big is your RFA? And I assume you have a sandy bottom? How deep in the sand?

I've taken many of my bigger ones and put them in a PVC pipe end cap. BTW PVC end caps are cheap and can easily be cut shorter if your sand isn't deep enough. They come in different sizes so you can find one that's about the correct size for the foot to fit into and have a bit of room to grow. After the RFA is attached to the bottom inside of the end cap, you can place it in the sand and push the end cap in until it almost disappears. If left like that for a couple of weeks, it's very unlikely the RFA will move. They like being in the sand and having their foot in a hard hole they can hide in. After a 2 or 3 weeks, I can push the end cap all the way into the sand so it really can't be seen and every RFA I've done this to has stayed in place. Even when pulled back out of the sand and moved to a different tank! There is a bit more about the idea in the RFA discussion linked in the signature at the bottom of this post.

20181128_081444.jpg
Genius

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back