New 40gal tank question

  • Thread starter Thread starter BaraBlu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BaraBlu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So atm I have a 15gal that I make saltwater for with with my new addition of a 40. I have the sand and rocks to put in it with the sump pump I need to setup still. I'm wondering about adding the water in slowly since I can only make 5 gal buckets at a time and would take me some time to fill it up. Was wondering if adding it in one at a time slowly would not work or any work around for this? I would rather not buy a large drum to fill it up so I was thinking that I'd just mix 5g at a time and add it til I hit 40 and add the ATO once it's done. I also don't want to kill the bacteria in the sand with the unstable waters since I would be doing one bucket every 4-5 hrs with to water being made then mixed. If anyone has a simpler option that would be great because I would like to avoid buying water when I alr have the instruments for it, ty
 
you should be fine bit it would be a while before you have enough for the overflow etc. so make sure you put a powerhead or something in the 40 to keep stirring the pot so to speak.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new