New 90 gal build, need advice

dreadnaughty88

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I'm new to the saltwater hobby and have recently picked up a used 90 gal aquarium. The black plastic trim was broken so I will be doing eurobrace. However when I stripped off the silicon I noticed a decent sized gap from the side to front pane. Just wondering if I can go ahead and put the braces on top or if I should take the tank apart and rebuild it so the top is square. Thanks 29511632_10155469446183123_1525656298568057302_n.jpg 29542375_10155469446178123_1502214419591156161_n.jpg
 
A square tank will always be the most secure, I personally wouldn't trust it filled with water in my home in it's current state.
 
Thanks guys, once I reseal it and eurobrace it I will fill it with water and see how it holds. Probably won't be for at least a couple of weeks due to the canadian spring.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new