New 9410

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on what you want to do. My current tank is 265 and I went slightly oversized (9430) and while I don't yet regret it, it skims consistently, it would be nice to have some accumulation of nutrients, 7 weeks in and still no detectable NO3 and PO4 and I have battled dinoflagellates as a result. I think ideally you want some ability to build a level of nutrients you can control as needed with water changes and GFO, etc. I will see if heavily stocking fish can help.
Im almost 5 months in with no measurable no3 or p04 in the morning.
I dose 3ml no3 and 3 mls po4 test 6 hours later and I get 1ppm no3 and .04 po4.
My tank is just using it up quickly. As long as I have film algae on the glass and everything is growing and looks good im ok and I dont worry.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger,happy Thanksgiving,hope All is well,I'm the actual op,anyway I've given he 9410 dc a couple of weeks but unfortunately the issue still persists,it's skimming well but I'm still getting that intermittent grinding from the pump and that's only at 30%-40%,if I go to 50% forget it,kinda defeats the advantage of the dc version.The skimmer is sitting in 6" of water as you recommend ,I've taken the pump apart and made sure the bushings are secure to no avail,any advise would be appreciated,thanks in advance.

OP
OP
R

rtague

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger, have taken the 9410 off,it's in the family room,wifey is giving me grief,lol,please help!

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct on the silencer, the tube part goes nearer the pump, a lot of people do that upside down and then the weight of the silencer can lead to kinking.
I know this is an old post but I never realized this. I've been doing it wrong on multipul skimmers for years. All the silencers on other types of skimmers are out of water so I never gave it a thought. My skimmers still work great but I'm gonna go ahead and flip them and see if anything changes.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back