New addition

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
visited the lfs today they had a HUGE tomato clown fish biggest clownfish ive ever seen and i wanted it but a guy had already purchased it minutes before i got there :( but luckily they had another nice sized one so i scrapped the idea of getting two maroon clowns because i liked the tomato so much i may get another smaller one down the road and see if they will tolerate each other but for now i have 2 fish 1 coral beauty and the tomato clownfish. my next fish i think will be a yellow tang but that wont be for at least a month. the clownfish and coral beauty are getting along great so far.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm hearing is, your trying to get both species of clowns in one tank. If so, the clownfish will definitely not tolerate each other.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm hearing is, your trying to get both species of clowns in one tank. If so, the clownfish will definitely not tolerate each other.
lol no thats not it at all after properly identifying her i wanted to try to find her a mate and ive read finding one half her size is the only option still havent decided yet if i will attempt it

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your trying to pair the cinnamon clownfish. I am still confused.
im not sure where we lost each other i got a fish yesterday a cinnamon clownfish i first thought it was a tomato but now after reading its a cinnamon i thought perhaps down the road i will find another cinnamon to pair with it but ive read it only works if you get another one half her size and even then it may not work

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, you gonna get him a house? How longs the tank been up, looks nice and clean:)

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not sure where we lost each other i got a fish yesterday a cinnamon clownfish i first thought it was a tomato but now after reading its a cinnamon i thought perhaps down the road i will find another cinnamon to pair with it but ive read it only works if you get another one half her size and even then it may not work
Oh I see. Pairing should work. You may want to get an acclimation box and keep and close eye on them when you first put the new guy in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back