New all around the hobby

Hello and welcome to R2R, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here so just start asking away!
goofy movie hello GIF
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to reef2reef! There are many advantages to the different types of lighting (metal halide, T5, and LEDs). I suggest you do some research on the differences first and determine which type you want. Then from there, there are plenty of people who can assist you with choosing the correct fixture(s) for your tank. Let us know if you have anymore questions.
 
Welcome to reef2reef! There are many advantages to the different types of lighting (metal halide, T5, and LEDs). I suggest you do some research on the differences first and determine which type you want. Then from there, there are plenty of people who can assist you with choosing the correct fixture(s) for your tank. Let us know if you have anymore questions.
Most of what I have been looking at is LED, however most of those don't give an average max depth. The only ones I saw that did were the Redsea 160s. Lighting is key for sure but I can see spending 600 a light.
 
Hello!! I am new to forums and the reef hobby. I have lots of questions and don't know where to start.
Welcome to R2R, Nu2reef. If I were new to this hobby, the first place i would start is with BRS' 52 weeks of reefing. Here's week 1 (you can find the entire playlist on utube; videos 19-23 cover lighting):

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new