New all around the hobby

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here so just start asking away!
goofy movie hello GIF

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef! There are many advantages to the different types of lighting (metal halide, T5, and LEDs). I suggest you do some research on the differences first and determine which type you want. Then from there, there are plenty of people who can assist you with choosing the correct fixture(s) for your tank. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

OP
OP
Nu2reef

Nu2reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef! There are many advantages to the different types of lighting (metal halide, T5, and LEDs). I suggest you do some research on the differences first and determine which type you want. Then from there, there are plenty of people who can assist you with choosing the correct fixture(s) for your tank. Let us know if you have anymore questions.
Most of what I have been looking at is LED, however most of those don't give an average max depth. The only ones I saw that did were the Redsea 160s. Lighting is key for sure but I can see spending 600 a light.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!! I am new to forums and the reef hobby. I have lots of questions and don't know where to start.
Welcome to R2R, Nu2reef. If I were new to this hobby, the first place i would start is with BRS' 52 weeks of reefing. Here's week 1 (you can find the entire playlist on utube; videos 19-23 cover lighting):

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 77.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back