New and excited

Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1668615189514.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hello all..fyi..I raise peafowl and that is how I came up with my call name on here. But, my name is Jackie, and I hope I learn alot being here.
I have a 40 gal breeder with a 20L sump
Mixed corals and 8 fish. I've been in the saltwater hobby around 2.5 yrs. I have a 55 gal freshwater which I've had for 23 yrs now. So, I got bored with it. Like, been there done that!! So I decided to try saltwater! I started watching you tube,ALOT!! BRS is a life saver!! So I didn't go in too blind I did do my research, a little. Lol. I started watching marketplace for tanks and I found one. A lady was tired of "trying" and didn't have time to mess with it anymore. So she sold me everything she had for the "hobby" and said "Good luck, and if i learned anything, get a skimmer!! Lol" I went to her house help break it down (yeah, was still up and running , with a clown fish) I got everything and the" fish" for like $350
So that's how I started and now I'm a little ways in and I have lots of questions. So be looking for some of my questions I will post. And hopefully you will be able to help thank you for reading. Happy reefing!!
Hello!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new