New and wanting some guidance

lluviamagenta

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Mayra and Im reaching out to your community for help.

I work with coral research but mostly with Caribbean corals. Recently someone gave me a bunch of indo pacific Acropora that I have no clue onto what their species are or even their common names.

Could you point me to a guide for identification? or could I post the photos with the chance of getting the common names?

thank you!
 
Welcome to R2R and thank you for what you do with coral research! You are welcome to post pictures for ID although if you have a bunch you may want to add the pictures in a new thread in the coral sub-forum (and a link to it here). We’re glad you’re here!
 
Welcome to R2R, Mayra!

tenor.gif
 
Hello everyone, my name is Mayra and Im reaching out to your community for help.

I work with coral research but mostly with Caribbean corals. Recently someone gave me a bunch of indo pacific Acropora that I have no clue onto what their species are or even their common names.

Could you point me to a guide for identification? or could I post the photos with the chance of getting the common names?

thank you!
Welcome! There are lots of talented folk here that can help. Post some pictures and let’s have a go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new