New anemone and flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dag95833
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dag95833

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
63
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added an anemone a few days again and the clowns just begin hosting in it. It for sure picked where is was going to attach to. Does this look like enough flow? Worried to mess with it cause I actually like where is finally attached.

Also what kind of anemone is this?

 
Looks like a long tentacle anemone. They like to bury their foot in the substrate so looks to be a perfect placement. Flow looks good as well.
 
I agree that it is a LTA, M. doreensis.
As far as anemones goes, LTA require a fairly deep sand bed, or it will move around trying to find it. Lower light requirement than other host anemones, other than BTA. It likely require light level c/w LPS. It needs lower flow . Your flow seem to be about perfect for LTA, I don't know how deep your sand there is, but it would be happy with 2+ inches.
 
Thanks for the input. It’s in about 2-3” of sand. I appreciate the info from both of you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new