New anemone help.

Merck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just ordered the things you suggested Merck, along with a bunch of other types of filter pads that I'll figure out when they arrive! This is a seriously expensive hobby[emoji23][emoji23]
Hey, look on youtube, Marine depot aquarium supplies, watch, polyfilter chemical filter medic pads. What you need to know. I don't run this pad all the time just once a month. I use imagitarium white filter pads from petco $5 10by 18 cut to fit, the rest of the time.

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be doing ok. Gaining colour very slowly. Clowns Stelio haven't been anywhere near! My water is spot on again before I even altered the filter, so I've spent a small fortune on various things that are sat in the cupboard just in case[emoji23][emoji23]
IMG_9239.JPG

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like hes doing number 2! They have to go too you know. Mine after this shrivels up for few hours then opens up again. Hes expelling waste. Check if the mouth is gaping or not

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mouth is t gaping but is slightly pushed out, I think it's got rid of it now. Should I net the waste out of my tank or leave it?
IMG_9269.JPG

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often should I feed it? It does grab on when I gave it something yesterday, but the angle it's got into I can't see the mouth anymore. I've a feeling the shrimp is also feeding it!
I never feed mine, just feed my tank. Be careful not to feed it to much, or it will split. I know that sounds cool, but getting them out of your tank can be a real pain. Do you have a clownfish? Does it go into the anemone?

ash9965

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed no need to feed it gets plenty when you feed the tank and from light also if you want a clown to host it try skunk clowns check out this video whole group of skunks in one seabae having fun.

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so jealous Roy, my clowns are not too bright and are trying to to sleep in my signal Duncan head still!

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask, what are the signs they are going to split? It keeps behaving really oddly, and to be honest I keep thinking I'll find it dead, then it goes back to normal.

For the last two days, a couple of times each day it's shrinking itself down really small, but then after 30 mins ish returns to normal.

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask, what are the signs they are going to split? It keeps behaving really oddly, and to be honest I keep thinking I'll find it dead, then it goes back to normal.

For the last two days, a couple of times each day it's shrinking itself down really small, but then after 30 mins ish returns to normal.
typical nem behaviour ...it expels all the water inside it tissues and refills....another way of removing waste.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back