New anemone help.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he is wedged in and full, give it a shot! Don't risk killing him trying to take him out. Good water quality, good lighting, and try to get him to eat. Small pieces and the tentacle should latch on and pull the food to its mouth.

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often should I feed it? It does grab on when I gave it something yesterday, but the angle it's got into I can't see the mouth anymore. I've a feeling the shrimp is also feeding it!

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get it healthy again you could probably do daily, but you don't have to feed that often.

Small pieces for sure, don't feed anything to large. If the shrimp is taking it good, that is helpful.

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp is collecting his food and sitting on the anemone to eat it. Meanwhile my slightly dumb clowns are trying to make their home in my single Duncan head.
Image1485873553.019380.jpg

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's picture, he's moved round to the front of the tank. He looks like he's beginning to take on a very pale green in parts. Anyone know if this is a good thing?

IMG_9096.JPG

Yes he's looking better. He is getting color back. Keep feeding him small shrimp, this will help his health

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'm giving him a little bit every day. He seems happy enough waving about. I just wish my clowns would find him. I think moving may be him trying to get away from the shrimp!

sonubhai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO and what I have read, clownfish dont generally host sebae anemone in captivity. If yours host the anemone that would be cool. I have had a bubble tip in my tank for a year my tank raised clowns want nothing to do with it. :)

Pole04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along to see how this goes. The white is conscerning, but at the same time the white with the purple tips looks amazing. If only that was a healthy coloring!

I HIGHLY advise covering your powerheads. IF the nem were to decide to swim (they sometimes float around) there is a good chance it gets sucked into the powerhead. They can fit through incredibly small holes. If it gets sucked in, it will get chopped up, and it will likely nuke your tank killing most everything. You can use 1/4" and below netting, stockings, sponge, just about anything to cover the powerheads. The trick is finding something that doesn't affect the flow too much. You will also want to clean whatever you use as covers a few times a month.

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got my powerhead covered, I've chopped up a net to do it. I'm going to get a new one tomorrow as it has reduced the flow more than I'd like. I really hope he stays where he is now as he's picked a prefect spot for viewing. No doubt by the time I get up tomorrow he'll be somewhere else!

Pole04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha good to hear you have it covered. My rock nem settles into the corner of my tank, and then once every other week or so will move to a hole in the middle of the tank for a few days. He always moves back to the same position though. They can be odd little creatures.

Hyde2406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your doing a great job! Keep feeding small amounts, it looks like it might end up going the normal tan color do you add anything to your tank, coral food, phyto, etc?

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been adding photo plankton twice a week, will that help him? My water is slightly off for the last three days, nitrates are 10ppm, nitrite 0.25ppm and there was a hint of ammonia on the api, which has now gone. Can I do anything other than regular water changes to help?

OP
OP
sherbertdipuk

sherbertdipuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just ordered the things you suggested Merck, along with a bunch of other types of filter pads that I'll figure out when they arrive! This is a seriously expensive hobby[emoji23][emoji23]

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%

Back