New Anemone hiding near top

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new nem is hiding up by the overflow. There are no slats in the side he is near. When I got him he plopped right on a rock near where I put him and stayed there. He opened up, I fed him. I then moved the rock work around. He had trouble adusting to his new spot. So I put rock he was on back to where he liked it. He started adjusting again but then a fish got ich. I put some rally pro in the tank. Just one dose. And I ave changed a lot of water since. But he is up by the too now. Not sure when or if he will go back into the rockwork. I hope so.
 
Not sure if you're asking a question or not....

FACT: Nems will do whatever they want. They will move around the tank until they find a spot that they like. Then, at some point down the road, they'll most likely move for no apparent reason.

#nemlife
 
You made quite a few changes in a short time. Moving a nem once they anchor can be challenging. They are stubborn. They're also sensitive to change.

Lay off water changes, medications, and trying to move it for a couple weeks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new