New Apex 2016..... LOL

aquaterra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the apex gold. So reliable. If this new one isn't idk if I can deal with it. It's controlling a pretty big investment.

aquaterra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just messed with mine and got it to work. Configure as much as you can in local mode, my fusion didn't read correctly at all so I deleted the apex then re added it to fusion and now it works fine. (As far as I can tell...I'm at work so this morning I just networked the apex, I haven't hooked up the probes or modules yet, still using the classic til I can watch it at home.)

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not going around in circles as i was reworking my home network to see if there is a issue on my side.... also waiting for tech to call me..

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you guys get to be the beta testers. I hope the get you guys fixed up a sap...they are probably swamped.

knukles55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I stay one model behind on everything I buy. I know it's been on the market and it's been functional and the bugs have been worked out. I would have waited at least a couple of months so they did a couple software upgrades or something just my opinion

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I stay one model behind on everything I buy I know it's been on the market and it's been functional and the bugs have been worked out. I would have waited at least a couple of months so they did a couple software upgrades or something just my opinion

I totally agree and usually do this.. I am paying for it now :(

aquaterra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree and usually do this.. I am paying for it now :(
Yeah I'm having buyers remorse. Im selling my old apex to a friend. I'm just a bit apprehensive on the reliability of this new one versus the old one in running my tank. The classic was just so good! Too late for me I don't think brs takes returns on opened products.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not going around in circles as i was reworking my home network to see if there is a issue on my side.... also waiting for tech to call me..
Cool, you just seemed really frustrated (understandably) and sometimes we miss something simple.
I'm not an Apex guy, but before calling a brand new product junk I would make sure I talked to someone first.
Curious what they have to say.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tagging @Terence so he can help you guys out.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an option to turn off the Wifi? All our laptops, not the iMac air :), have wifi and hardwire options. However, we don't really connect both at the same time because that is confusing for the laptop to pick which path to go outside....I would try with either wifi or hard wire ONLY.

Good luck and keep us updated.

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I have Bnib gold as well as a Bnib new version. Not gonna open either till I hear more input. The new tank is still cycling so I have time. I was looking forward to not having a rats nest of wires . Need to figure out which one to send back

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this. Despite an incredible amount of testing we are certainly going to have some unexpected issues coming out of the gate with this new Apex. It is inevitable with any new product. It is unfortunate and what else can I say but we are sorry and that I know that support (and engineering) is working this case right now and is working toward a resolution for the OP.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, you just seemed really frustrated (understandably) and sometimes we miss something simple.
I'm not an Apex guy, but before calling a brand new product junk I would make sure I talked to someone first.
Curious what they have to say.

Yes it is quite frustrating but i do understand that there is growing pains.. This all said when I spend the money that I spend on apex gear I do have a certain level of expectation. To me the new apex is junk right now as it does not work as advertised.... I have 2 of them and right now there are as useful as paperweights. So no I don't have a issue with calling a $1,100 piece of equipment that does not work junk.

That said when it does work it wont be a peace of junk. I will probably love it and recommend it. I buy apex for the support that is given and it is great they are helpful and will work it out in the end.

I am still hoping they come back and say its on my end then I will ow apologies to Neptune for my ranting..

Just saw this. Despite an incredible amount of testing we are certainly going to have some unexpected issues coming out of the gate with this new Apex. It is inevitable with any new product. It is unfortunate and what else can I say but we are sorry and that I know that support (and engineering) is working this case right now and is working toward a resolution for the OP.

Yes you guys are working on the case.... Thank you, The one thing you have is good customer support... I cant wait till my new apex works!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back