New Apex 2016..... LOL

Budluvcash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like the connectivity issue has been common with most I'm still having that same issue. Hopefully they get this issue fixed hopefully it's not a cheap part being the issue. I hope firmware updates will fix the issue. I also feel like a beta tester without the beta tester discount!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still trying to get the new Apex to work lol.... Who knew it would take days and hours of phone calls and work just to get it to kinda work.

On a side note I am now disconnected and will have to have another call into apex today.. This is getting old now...

I am going to be writing a review soon on the new apex.. I have talked to 3 other people that own them and they are having issues as well.

I am now just waiting for them to fix it as there is nothing I can do.. I have 3 of the new head units 1 of witch I still have to send back to apex to get my $300 back. and 2 full units both I know now don't work. I am now under the understanding it is not hardware.... Just software so it can be fixed but who knows when.

Also on a side note the probe issue is still there I honestly don't thing my COND is 27.5.

I just don't know I am sick of dealing with this at this point. I will just wait and see what happens......

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One post said you wished you got the gold package, well they still sell that. I have a classic and would not run a tank without a controller of some sort. It makes a lot of things I do easier and, far more importantly, allows me to keep the tank running when, not if, something breaks.
I agree. I love my Apex Gold. I had connection problems with Fusion for a while, but they fixed it via a firmware update and it is rock solid now.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the "old" style apex what's the difference with the new one other than cool looking eb8? :confused:

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the "old" style apex what's the difference with the new one other than cool looking eb8? :confused:

I own 2 of the new ones and I would not know.... Mine has not worked long enough for me to try anything out just trying to get it to work 100% of the time..

The EB 832 has a cool tile in fusion though...

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry about your struggles with it :( I really like your tank and new Apex board......you would think Apex would send you something for all this trouble :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sincerely hope that when/if they get this working for you the entire system is comped.

I have seen posts on FB about this also and have pointed everyone I see to this post.

That would be nice! :) I don't however see this ever happening... I am a Beta tester for the new apex.. It is what it is and there is not much I can do about it. I am so invested into a Apex system there is no going back.

After this experience I still love Neptune's products I just wish the new one worked for me. Plug and play would be amazing....

I have 2 of the new apex systems and to be honest I am not even going to bother setting up the 2nd one till way down the line. I don't think it will work first off and I am just sick of spending my days working on it. It is the first time in this hobby I honestly don't want to do anything with my tank..... This weekend I did not touch the tank or the apex that much at all... My tank is still a mess and I am just waiting now.... I have some cool updates for my build thread and so on but whats the point when the tank is a mess....

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am honestly starting to hate my new apex... I will have to try hardwired as specified by Neptune to try to trouble shoot the issue....

I just wish it would work.... Why is my Cond 24......

Last edited:

jje2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I CANT TURN THIS OFF................................ lol

Date: 2016-06-30 22:10:20 (2016-07-01 02:10:20 UTC)
Statement: If Cond > 37.0 Then ON (30.4)

O yea and neptune... Ill just keep my tank like this till you decide to help me fix it..... no big deal just spent 30k or so on my tank but who cares right!
wow, amazing tank!

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates here. I am still having problems with my system. It keeps giving me power failure messages. This is the second controller The second controller was suppose to be new. However the serial number was 1000 below the controller I sent back. I suspect they are sending out refabed I its to those having problems.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates here. I am still having problems with my system. It keeps giving me power failure messages. This is the second controller The second controller was suppose to be new. However the serial number was 1000 below the controller I sent back. I suspect they are sending out refabed I its to those having problems.

No my apex does not work.... I have used 3 head units with the same result.. I am under the notion that it is not hardware related just software.. It is a waiting game for me now.... Neptune is doing the best they can to help me as I still want to use the new apex..

I will post more as I get back in the swing of things... This situation with Neptune got to the point where I had to walk away for a while.

As for sending out refurb units I do not believe this is the case. I could be wrong and will check the S/N of my 3 head units when I get home. That said I don't know how they do there S/N so who knows... The replacement one I got looked new....

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No my apex does not work.... I have used 3 head units with the same result.. I am under the notion that it is not hardware related just software.. It is a waiting game for me now.... Neptune is doing the best they can to help me as I still want to use the new apex..

I will post more as I get back in the swing of things... This situation with Neptune got to the point where I had to walk away for a while.

As for sending out refurb units I do not believe this is the case. I could be wrong and will check the S/N of my 3 head units when I get home. That said I don't know how they do there S/N so who knows... The replacement one I got looked new....
Why do you think it is not hardware?
I was considering buying it again soon, hoping the issues would have been somewhat repaired by now. Also had issues with mine and had returned it. Im not upset, just wanting to learn more about the problems going on with these units. I was under the impression by now they would know exactly where the problems were, being that Neptune was 100% in trying to get these issues corrected since the new unit's launch.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think it is not hardware?
I was considering buying it again soon, hoping the issues would have been somewhat repaired by now. Also had issues with mine and had returned it. Im not upset, just wanting to learn more about the problems going on with these units. I was under the impression by now they would know exactly where the problems were, being that Neptune was 100% in trying to get these issues corrected since the new unit's launch.

At this point I have ran 3 head units and have spent hours on the phone with Neptune.. Everything that we have done is Software and the tank is running off it.. There was no breakdown in the apex system as a whole just parts of it. This leads me to think it is just software and nothing that major like hardware just kinda sucks for me :). I also still have faith in Neptune and think they would do there homework..

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the new SD card and update corrected this issue for you?

This I will find out tonight.... Neptune called me a few days ago but I did not have time for it.. I will keep everyone updated but the feeling I get from them is the issues might be solved.

We will see in time :p...

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the connection issue is fixed with a wired connection... I am attempting today to go back to wireless. We will see though how it goes.. crossing fingers but is looking good..

As for the Cond probe it is just broken lol..... I will have to do quite a bit of testing with Neptune to figure out what is next... I hope I don't need to send back another head unit..... This would not be ideal.....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back