OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are people trying to use hard wired ether net and wireless at the same time? That is more then likely a big issue for a device. Fyi

I attempted to use both but then each on there own. You have the option to turn on and off WiFi in local and fusion. I think me and the Neptune support tried every combination.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was sitting around work thinking about how to re mount the apex (the working one).. I cleared the schedule of one of the painters and went to work.

I will do my best to get build pic's as I go but it should be home tomorrow ready to accept my new apex head unit!

There is quite a bit more to do and cut but this is what goes orange (takes my paint a while to dry but is automotive grade :p) Matching Neptune's PMS colour is a pain! I had to make the logo from scratch as well :(.

Last edited:

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you got help from Neptune re- setting the unit after those bugs, what connection did they recommend you starting up with, WiFI or Wired?

Did you have problems trying the wired one?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had issues with both.... As of right now I have WiFi on and it is wired, It seems to hold the connection now but I have not checked it in a while. If I leave is just on WiFi it loses its connection and I have to re setup the wireless SSID and so on. If I leave it just wired it seem to hold a bit better until I try to do anything then it starts disconnecting. I don't know :p I cant wait to get a new head unit.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New apex mounting board is in... Still have quite a bit to do and should be able to switch out the head unit tomorrow. Here are some shots of the build today.

Here it is as I start mounting everything.. I am still missing one EB832 should have it next Monday I hope.

I will have to post on my build thread it is in need of a update..... Soon!

Last edited:

aquaterra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 how is the connectivity working out for you lately?

I'm Receiving my new unit after mine bricked over the weekend tomorrow and come to the crossroads of continuing the upgrade or just returning the new unit. I need reliability because I work long hours and the classic hasn't failed me yet; all my probes have been super reliable too and the difference in the probe reading from your refractometer concerns me.

That being said: Neptune has a+ customer service trying to get this product out to us in working order. I realize it may just be software and I'm excited to progress with the new unit. My programming was so involved so I'm a little worried about the crossover too :/

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 how is the connectivity working out for you lately?

I'm Receiving my new unit after mine bricked over the weekend tomorrow and come to the crossroads of continuing the upgrade or just returning the new unit. I need reliability because I work long hours and the classic hasn't failed me yet; all my probes have been super reliable too and the difference in the probe reading from your refractometer concerns me.

That being said: Neptune has a+ customer service trying to get this product out to us in working order. I realize it may just be software and I'm excited to progress with the new unit. My programming was so involved so I'm a little worried about the crossover too :/

Its still hard to say.... I have yet to get my new head unit... It might work 100% of the time and there would be no issue at all. Then again I have another new apex arriving on Monday or Tuesday plus the new head unit I hope tomorrow.. Next week I will have setup and tested 3 of the new apex's. This will give me and everyone I believe a better judge on how the conductivity issue is. If all 3 are the same the we know. If it is a isolated incident we will know that too.

As for recommendation it will work eventually and you issue is a different issue then mine so who knows... IDK its hard to say... I am keeping mine :)

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting my new head unit thursday and if that also does not work i will just return the whole thing and wait for a few months until it is better test proven.
Like mentioned above, the customer service is A+ but the Equipment has to work..

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting my new head unit thursday and if that also does not work i will just return the whole thing and wait for a few months until it is better test proven.
Like mentioned above, the customer service is A+ but the Equipment has to work..

I agree 100% and I will see as well. I have my apex gold on standby just in case. I'll keep the 2 I have but I have no issue switching back if there are still problems after the hew head unit is here.

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI. I have had the new apex set up for past 4 days. Working perfectly. It is on a wired network. Set up was easy and straight forward. No issues so far . However I am not running as a complex system as Elder1945. There maybe hope on your horizon

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder what folks did before controllers.
Used power bars :p

Just an FYI. I have had the new apex set up for past 4 days. Working perfectly. It is on a wired network. Set up was easy and straight forward. No issues so far . However I am not running as a complex system as Elder1945. There maybe hope on your horizon

This is good news! I cant wait to see if my new head unit arrives today. I honestly just want to program my new apex and finish wiring it.. I have new fish to add and a build thread to update! :)

Budluvcash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have had my New Apex unit up and running since the 4th with NO issues. And I'm using strictly WiFi with out any glitches.

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I spoke to soon or gave myself the jinx. I have been monitoring this the apex like hourly. Suddenly the salinity probe dropped out and I lost connectivity with fusion. I rebooted the system and the router and we are up and running. However when it powered up all probes were disabled What is VERY concerning is that both heaters were on DISPITE having a fallback of off. This is a new cycling tank so the potential for damage was low. I went to settings and all the probes rebooted in the disabled position. I was able to enable all the probes and the heaters turned off. I hope the Neptune guy reads this and comments

jonmos75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I spoke to soon or gave myself the jinx. I have been monitoring this the apex like hourly. Suddenly the salinity probe dropped out and I lost connectivity with fusion. I rebooted the system and the router and we are up and running. However when it powered up all probes were disabled What is VERY concerning is that both heaters were on DISPITE having a fallback of off. This is a new cycling tank so the potential for damage was low. I went to settings and all the probes rebooted in the disabled position. I was able to enable all the probes and the heaters turned off. I hope the Neptune guy reads this and comments

What AOS are you on and did you open up a support ticket?

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

:( I am at home right now setting up my new one.... Taking each step slow...

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No profile to import? It would have been nice to have a simple way to let users importing the existing configs.... specifically when you are switching the base unit only....

As of now this head unit is working better... I have yet to do Fusion as I have a good hr or 2 of programming :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back