New Apex Pro salinity probe question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dami2205
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dami2205

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2014
Messages
51
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my firt Apex and the salinity probe is not the Pro bundle, I Purchase the salinity probe but the calibration fluid is not includes???!!! Do I really need it to get it going?? Help tks
 
This is my firt Apex and the salinity probe is not the Pro bundle, I Purchase the salinity probe but the calibration fluid is not includes???!!! Do I really need it to get it going?? Help tks
It’s definitely recommended to calibrate the probe. Also, I share your frustration. I have no idea why Neptune doesn’t include the calibration solutions with the probes they sell. Makes no sense.
 
You should absolutely get the correct calibration fluid. These probes are pretty finicky which is why the probsbly stopped including them.
 
Well noted I will get the solution and the holders while I’m at it. ;) Any other suggestions that I’m might be missing??
 
Well noted I will get the solution and the holders while I’m at it. ;) Any other suggestions that I’m might be missing??
Very much recommend the stability kit from VCA. You’ll need a small pump or a connection to a manifold using a 1/4 push connect fitting and you’ll be just fine! Salinity probes from Neptune are often bad but that stability kit can help keep it accurate and stable. Not an ad I promise lol
 
Got it… I have added just that and this is how my shopping cart looks like by the way I’m going to connect to my carbon reactor that is the reason for the push connect fitting, hehe.

Thanks for the help!!! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:


25BA3ABF-C287-4905-9149-481986D11E24.jpeg
 
Got it… I have added just that and this is how my shopping cart looks like by the way I’m going to connect to my carbon reactor that is the reason for the push connect fitting, hehe.

Thanks for the help!!! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:


25BA3ABF-C287-4905-9149-481986D11E24.jpeg
Looking good!
 
Don't do it. No matter how much you spend it will not stay calibrated or give accurate readings.
You can use salinity probe as range device but never to pinpoint.
Neptune doesn't include calibration fluid because they expire. Imagine your frustration if Neptune sold you salinity probe with expired calibration fluid.

Get a salinity pen with money you saved.
 
Thanks guys I have used the salinity fluid and it is pretty accurate (so far hehe) now I have another slightly issue I’m trying to change to PPT instead of SG and I’m really off I use a Hanna checker for my salinity tester and I read 1.026 on SG but when I switch to PPT I read 38.01 I’m confused now!! =?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new