New aquarium light intensity

Picassoclown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2017
Messages
363
Reaction score
124
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I have a new 200 system about 3 weeks old and I was wondering what the intensity of lights I should be having? My strongest light on my neptune skies are from 230PM-4PM using coral growth and they are at 25%. I have pulsating xenias and firecracker cloves only, along with fish. I do not plan on adding any other corals until the 6th month mark. When and how much should the ramp up be? Thank you all in advance.
 
You probably want to rent a par meter and map your tank under several intensity levels so you have a nice baseline to work with as you add corals in the coming months.
 
Thank you both for the information. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 19.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new