New Aspiring Reefer to the TB Area!

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are willing to drive, Oldsmar has a couple of nice places. Coral Corral is hidden behind the Lowes. Fish and other Ichthy Stuff is in the process of relocating, but both places have quality products and livestock. If you go to Marine Warehouse, it's not that much farther to go on out to Oldsmar.

There are a couple of smaller shops worth looking into in Tampa and Brandon. It's been a while since I tried any of the places in Saint Pete or anywhere else on the other side of the bay.

Good luck!

Mrs Postal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A&R Aquariums and A Tropical Reef & St. Pete Saltwater are across the bridge. FAIOS, Drysdale Aquariums and Coral Bargain Warehouse are all great places. CBW is well worth the drive to Lakeland.

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, thanks so much for the all the input! I ended up checking out a few, and was really impressed with Pierre at Coral Corral! So much so, that it will be my go-to!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all, thanks so much for the all the input! I ended up checking out a few, and was really impressed with Pierre at Coral Corral! So much so, that it will be my go-to!
Hey there how's the process going now, I live in st Pete and like already mentioned, I go to coral corral in Oldsmar its worth going to

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "clubs" are Facebook groups. Tampa Bay Reef Club and Tampa Bay Reefing Community. More for buying and selling than a club.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure interested in buying from some local hobbyists! To bad I am having problems getting my FB back! A good lfs that wasnt mentioned is Whats in your tank. Sue is the owner and she has the best corals I have seen if you are looking for colonys at great prices!

I was so tempted yesterday to buy a huge pectina she had for 150 and a nicer one for 200 and not the standard space invader either! She also had a rare moseyla for 120 thats huge! She has some small frags for 20 and up. I even bought a 1 head green stem duncan for 10 bucks a few months ago. Tuesday water is 50 cent a galloon! Thinking of going back and getting a big linkia star fish she had or a leopard wrasse!!

She is a little drive but on the corner of 41 and 54 in Lutz/land o lakes area. Its about 8 miles north of Tampa!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone local interested in a free rainbow BTA? I am trying to catch the sucker because he started stinging neighboring corals but If you have a big tank with more room! Lots of people love them but I didnt think it out to well! Someone traded my hubby 2 of them towards some carpet cleaning so I think it ended up costing me 40 bucks or something! The hard part is getting him off my rock! I even put a post up in here and some people suggested something called a cannon method I may try!

Clownman727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d take the anemone. Could help get some for the rock if needed. PM me your location

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back