If the goal falls short can we purchase a second entry?
I think with the backups we will get close to a full contest if not all the way full. I think to keep it fair for everyone, we should stick to the one entry.
But again I am willing to do whatever the majority of people want to do.
Initially I thought 1 frag per contestant, but then it occurred to me that It would be interesting to see how similar size frags off the same coral placed in different locations in the same tank would differ in growth and color over a year. But perhaps that would be a project best suited to an individual's curiosity. Since this is a contest I imagine there will tend to be quite a bit of moving of frags to try to find the sweet spot in a given tank to maximize the chance of winning, which would nullify what I found interesting about the idea. So, in the end, I really wouldn't care either way. The only thing I would find distasteful is if both first and second place prizes went to the same contestant.