New Biocube 32- about a month old

Funwithreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
115
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First saltwater/reef tank. Successfully cycled in about 2 1/2 weeks. Used 30 lbs of Marco rock, 30 lbs of live sand and Aquavitro Seed. Dosed with pure ammonia to get the cycle going and kept dosing to about 2 ppm until it was 0 in less than 24 hours. This past Saturday I added two clowns and a blood fire shrimp. They’ve been doing good, very active and eat very well. So being a little impatient I found a nice Duncan frag at LFS that I couldn’t pass up. I know probably a little early but for $25 I figured I’d give it a go. All my parameters have been stable and are in the good ranges. Put it in the tank tonight and within an hour it was almost fully opened. So far so good!!

image.jpg image.jpg
 
So just added my second coral. Bi-colored Hammer. Seems to be happy. Also finally starting to get some light brown algae forming on the rock. I’m hoping this is to be expected and will eventually turn to coralline.

54830034-884E-4DFC-A57D-BFAA3D79FD2B.jpeg B3C06296-9EA6-4127-8528-96F40DB3162B.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new