New Borbonius Anthias pics (bonus anthias inside)

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this guy exactly a month, got from Elliott @Marine Collectors (as I do all my fish) and he's a champ. Eating literally out of my hand, finally got some DSLR pics (not great, but better than the Iphone pics. This guy spent an extra day in transit thanks to FedEx, and had one of the bags punctured from rough treatment, but thanks to an amazing packing job and PLENTY of water he came through like a champ. My fav fish so far.

Borbonius-3 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius by Peter Young, on Flickr

What are YOU looking at !?!?

Borbonius-4 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Couple bonus pics of one of my female Bimac's. They are so hot under the bluer lighting (Blue Plus T5's and LED's)

Bimac-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimac by Peter Young, on Flickr

Hope you like!!

P

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this guy exactly a month, got from Elliott @Marine Collectors (as I do all my fish) and he's a champ. Eating literally out of my hand, finally got some DSLR pics (not great, but better than the Iphone pics. This guy spent an extra day in transit thanks to FedEx, and had one of the bags punctured from rough treatment, but thanks to an amazing packing job and PLENTY of water he came through like a champ. My fav fish so far.

Borbonius-3 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Borbonius by Peter Young, on Flickr

What are YOU looking at !?!?

Borbonius-4 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Couple bonus pics of one of my female Bimac's. They are so hot under the bluer lighting (Blue Plus T5's and LED's)

Bimac-2 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Bimac by Peter Young, on Flickr

Hope you like!!

P
Both are stunning! You lot really are getting me hooked onto anthias… maybe I’ll look into them after I find my dream tilefish.

Uriken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. The Anthias family is one of my favorites. What's your feeding schedule? These fish have to eat more than the "norm" and keeping them long term can be a challenge based on the feeding. Reefers with success I'm always curious as to what they feed and how often.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome fish! How much of your liver did you have to pawn for it? :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
It was the negotiation with my wife that was the hairy part. I had sold off my Regal Angel after it started to nibble on my zoas so had some equity to start with, but def not for the faint of heart.......

Awesome. The Anthias family is one of my favorites. What's your feeding schedule? These fish have to eat more than the "norm" and keeping them long term can be a challenge based on the feeding. Reefers with success I'm always curious as to what they feed and how often.
I have an @AVAST Marine plank autofeeder that feeds freeze dried mysis and pellets 2x/day plus frozen mix of spirulina enriched brine and mysis with Herbivore frenzy. I've been feeding the Borbonius an extra feeding of frozen in the AM, but he's started munching the autofeeder mix (slowly).

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Borbs are one of my favorites! Straight out of a cartoon. Smart move getting 2 from the starting gate. I got one and could not add another afterwards.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Borbs are one of my favorites! Straight out of a cartoon. Smart move getting 2 from the starting gate. I got one and could not add another afterwards.
I only got one Borbonius (budget would have been busted for the yr with 2). I've got a male and 3 female Bimaculatus Anthias in with him (they've been in about a yr now), no issues with them chasing the Borb. He's been pretty much left alone by everyone, except the Kole tang followed him for the first day, just curious.

Back