my new bta that i got is im pretty sure
IMG_1355.JPG
is a lost cause but i wanted to know what you guys think here's a pic

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway you can get a picture with the whites on ?

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now, I can see it! It looks fine/not dying. I agree, it needs to settle in. They can look pretty awful (near death) but, you’ll learn your anemone. When they close, or shrivel... they are usually going to the bathroom. But, they can get scared an deflate/almost ball up. Mine can look like a squished raspberry, from time. It’s weird, it’s like they have little personalities. New bta’s like to travel, too. I have 1 that stays right where I put it. And, the other roams the tank (when I’m not looking!) Just make sure your water parameters are pristine. If you need help, I’ll answer what I can. I’m no expert. I’ve tried to read a lot, and trial and error. You can feed small pieces of shrimp or silversides, every other day (no more than 3X a wk.)/if not being hosted by clownfish. If hosted by a clownfish, you don’t have to manually feed them. I do to perk mine up every couple/weeks. If you over feed, they will grow huge and will overtake the tank. Keep a good light cycle/mimic day & night. I think it will be fine, just give it some time to settle in. Hope this helps! Good luck

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main thing...When they are dead... you’ll know it. I know it sounds gross, and it is. But, they invert... not deflate or draw up... their stomach (insides are expelled from their mouths.) Yes, literally... it’s gross. Also, can touch it and it doesn’t react/ball up. And, it smells awful when you get it out. But, you will know.

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I see that makes sense I have been scrambling and doing research on it but nothing was like this case and it gives me more confidence in it surviving as this is my first time getting an anenome and I just can't leave it be.

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it’s trying to acclimate to the lightIng
I agree, or maybe getting ready to move/relocate. Which is also... lighting. It’s just settling in. It may move around, till it finds its spot/home. Oh... and, water motion.... a wave maker. But, not in the direct flow (mine is aimed toward the top of the tank) and, I have a lot of live live rock. They like to put their foot down in the holes of my rock. These are just some things that helped me (in the beginning.) Try not worry, test your water daily, and if it stays good/consistently... go to, once a week. When in doubt have your water checked at a (trusted/reputable) local pet store. Hope it helps!

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I see that makes sense I have been scrambling and doing research on it but nothing was like this case and it gives me more confidence in it surviving as this is my first time getting an anenome and I just can't leave it be.
Oh wow... not bad! It sounds just like me (when I started)... they have personality... you’ll see! I know I sounded crazy, but... they do. And, they are all different! Try not to touch it... at all... it might be mad. Moving it, usually makes them mad. For example, mine 1st few days... put its foot down on the backside, behind the rock, in the far corner... you couldn’t see it! Where was the beautiful, puffy anemone I saw at the store? So, I moved it, to the front. It wouldn’t open! When I would go to bed, is when it would move (to the worst spots, ever!) 2nd time- on the glass/foot/bootie to the glass... the not so cute part showing...and, by my filter! Then, I was scared it would get sucked in the filter... moved it again!.. it moved, I gave up.., then, it picked its spot and stayed. That one is my finicky 1, it moves every few weeks. My other has never moved/ not once... it’s so easy. Try not to touch it. Also, use food sparingly.. small pieces... make nice... lol.
When you do... use tongs and gently drop it/aiming for its mouth. They want to catch it, if they want it. And, it has to be open/ not, like right now.. the pic. And, don’t force feed it... you will tear the mouth and it will die. You will drop pieces of food and they may not take it... it will go floating through the tank... let it... you can fish out the uneaten food... but, throw it away... don’t force it. When it finally takes it with its tentacles... you’ll be so excited! I still think, it’s awesome! It will happen. Try to be patient, and don’t touch! You’ll do fine!

OP
OP
Engrene4

Engrene4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it fell down and died... as in it fell on its mouth and completely melted where its outside was like really warm gum where it stuck to everything and I will try again but in a new tank I am setting up. :(

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it fell down and died... as in it fell on its mouth and completely melted where its outside was like really warm gum where it stuck to everything and I will try again but in a new tank I am setting up. :(
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. They’re weird and fickle and so frustrating at times. Be sure to do a water change if you haven’t already.

Back