New BTA squeezed into rock and closed up

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emma_fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emma_fish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
643
Reaction score
350
Location
Uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this BTA yesterday and overnight it has slowly moved itself into a crevice in the rocks and this morning is closed up. Should I be worried ? It was fully open until about 12:00 last night when I went to bed
can they kill the selfes by squeezing into spaces like this ?
2 pics from today and two from when I first put it in the tank yesterday it did open up more later on but I don’t have pics

657881C3-3551-47B0-838F-AF2BCB2CCADA.jpeg 1CD21B72-CEE9-4F82-857F-0CA8ED1A896B.jpeg 50D3BD0C-BD09-4DA4-88BD-7A9CFA4059F5.jpeg 4C6644C4-2B65-4F3C-9573-B4EEEBD50DFC.jpeg
 
That’s pretty normal for a new anemone adjusting to your tank.Leave it be don’t change anything and relax.
Is it likely to come out and be on display ?
 
You never really know they go to the best spot for them not for us. If it goes to the back change your flow and hopefully it would move but I wouldn’t do that until it’s used to your tank at least a couple months.
 
That pretty normal behavior, they will fine a spot they like and come out for light. I have three and all moved behind rocks. One will expand over the rock when lights are in , one stays behind rock and can only see from side view and one move to other side between rock in rear of tank and opens up and visible from front.
I just let them do whatever suits them . They also like the high flow as the back has the most flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new