New build 750xxl

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got my Red Sea reefer 750xxl it’s been in my living room for about 2 weeks empty I wanna do the plumbing not a fan of the plumbing it comes with this will be a sps tank as far as equipment here’s what I got
4 xr30 g4 pros
4 mp40
Vectra l2
Sicce 1.5 for the uv
2 nyos 2.0 reactors
Reef octopus sss 220 elite skimmer
Apex WiFi controller
2 dos n 2 ddr
57 watt uv
Jbj chiller 1/4
Tunze 3155 ato
20 gallon ato reservoir
Is there anything else that I am missing

E1D2F539-1453-4041-9E12-4DF6D3E4D664.jpeg

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After your phone call to Red Sea order a titanium grounding probe for you and your livestock’s health

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank....... just don’t fill it......

Seriously though, I think it can be set-up and the center brace can be added later

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post #2 which read to stop right there and contact Red Sea. You don’t want to go through the work of filling it only to find out that you have to put the brace in there and empty it. There is no clear instruction right now as to if the tank needs to be emptied when this is done.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea released a statement that there needs to be a brace installed on the stand to prevent failure. While I’m sure you can install said brace while full I’m sure it’ll be easier to do so empty. As suggested, contact the company, tell them you would like a brace. I believe it’ll be released later this month and is free. Register your system in the mean time. This also gives you more time to plan the plumbing and acquire equipment.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUST EMAILED THEM ABOUT THIS ISSUE AS FAR AS THE TANK I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING YET I WAS PLANNING ON DOING THE PLUMBING THIS WEEKEND AND GET WATER IN IT BUT NOT SURE NOW DUE TO THIS BRACE ISSUE DONT KNOW IF ITS GONNA BE IN THE WAY ONCE MY PLUMBING IS DONE

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE GAVE ME A HEADS UP NOW AS FAR AS MY EQUIPMENT LIST IM I GOOD TO GO OR DO I NEED MORE WANNA DO THIS NOW RATHER THAN ADD LATER IN THE FUTURE

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning a refugium in there? If so, you might want a grow light like the Kessil H series or the AI Fuge light. Also, some sort of top depending on your stocking choices. The DYI Screen's are "ok" depending on how handy you are. In addition I just replaced the return on my 425xl with some loc line and Random Flow Generators from Vivid Creative Aquatics, so something like that might be useful for you too.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO REFUGIUM AS I PLAN ON RUNNINGA ULTRA LOW SYSTEM AS FAR AS THE OUT PUT I DO WANT TO HAVE IT DUAL I DO LIKE THE RANDOM FLOW GENERATORS LIKE YOU MENTIONED JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT AS FAR AS INSTALLING THEM ANS AS FARAS A SCREN TOP GONNA HAVE IT CUSTOM MADE BY TOP LIDS SPENT ALL THIS MONEY FOR TOP NOTCH EQUIPMENT MIGHT AS WELL GO WITH A NICE SCREEN TOP

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO REFUGIUM AS I PLAN ON RUNNINGA ULTRA LOW SYSTEM AS FAR AS THE OUT PUT I DO WANT TO HAVE IT DUAL I DO LIKE THE RANDOM FLOW GENERATORS LIKE YOU MENTIONED JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT AS FAR AS INSTALLING THEM ANS AS FARAS A SCREN TOP GONNA HAVE IT CUSTOM MADE BY TOP LIDS SPENT ALL THIS MONEY FOR TOP NOTCH EQUIPMENT MIGHT AS WELL GO WITH A NICE SCREEN TOP

I think your caps lock is stuck. Makes your posts somewhat hard to read.

Super easy to install random flow generators. They make them for your specific tank- so just pull off the stock nozzle and insert their assembly.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK THNKS FOR THE HELP AS FAR AS THE ISSUES WITH THE STAND I CONTACTED RED SEA THEY REPLIED BACK SAYING THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND THAT THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE SUPPORTS TO BE SENT OUT PROBABLY BY THE END OF THE MONTH ONCE THEY RECEIVE THEM THEY WILL BE NOTIFYING ME THEY ALSO SAID I CAN FILL THE TANK AND ONCE I GET THE SUPPORTS I CAN EASILY INSTALL THEM EVEN WITH THE TANK BEING FILLED THEY ALSO SAID THEY ARE EXTENDING THE WARRANTY TO 3 YEARS STILL NOT SURE WHAT TO DO

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back