New build progression

Arob21

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2025
Messages
86
Reaction score
54
Location
Mason county
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm making a thread of my new aquarium build. The build is 2 50ish gallon aquariums that are going on each side or my fireplace. The sump system is in the shop under the house. Yesterday I got the sump plumbing mostly hooked up. Today I welded up some frames and customized the dog kennel furnature that the tanks are going on. I will keep updating with pictures as I make progress on it.
2/21 made the tanks with 3/4 acrylic. Ran out of weldon 4 on the bottom of the 2nd tank so have to wait a couple days for more to get here..
Also made the custom overflow boxes using 1/8 acrylic for the back of the tank. Just need to put a bottom on them and weld them to the tank.


20250219_195053.jpg 20250219_195009.jpg 20250219_194953.jpg 20250220_134250.jpg 20250220_134246.jpg 20250220_161943.jpg 20250210_085747.jpg 20250221_192042.jpg 20250221_192022.jpg
 
Last edited:
I also got my rodi system hooked up running to a 50gal barrel
 
Very cool! I like the kennel stand idea. Are those Rhodesians?
 
I'm making a thread of my new aquarium build. The build is 2 50ish gallon aquariums that are going on each side or my fireplace. The sump system is in the shop under the house. Yesterday I got the sump plumbing mostly hooked up. Today I welded up some frames and customized the dog kennel furnature that the tanks are going on. I will keep updating with pictures as I make progress on it.
2/21 made the tanks with 3/4 acrylic. Ran out of weldon 4 on the bottom of the 2nd tank so have to wait a couple days for more to get here..
Also made the custom overflow boxes using 1/8 acrylic for the back of the tank. Just need to put a bottom on them and weld them to the tank.


20250219_195053.jpg 20250219_195009.jpg 20250219_194953.jpg 20250220_134250.jpg 20250220_134246.jpg 20250220_161943.jpg 20250210_085747.jpg 20250221_192042.jpg 20250221_192022.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20250313_194311.jpg
    20250313_194311.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 22

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new