New Build

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jbott331
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jbott331

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we bought and just moved into our forever home and obviously part of the plan was a tank upgrade. Old tank was a very well established 5year old 120,48x24x24 lps tank. all of the livestock is in a temporary holding tank 65gl breeder in the basement. Seems to be doing ok but I'm keeping a close eye lol. My plan is for a 120 long that seapora makes, going to see and decide for sure this weekend. 5' is a good length for my space. My original pan was a 150 60"x24x24 but the 120 60x18x25 is half the price, hard to justify. Anyway I've been doing this hobby for over 40 years and enjoy reading and looking at posts here but Generally that's it. So my question on this build is as follows. Tank is going to be upstairs in the living room and plumed to the basement where sump and all necessary equipment will be. I am not concerned about floor support or anything along those lines. I would just like to hear from people who have done this and what they did and what worked and what didn't. plumbing issues, future proofing etc.. Thanks
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new