New build

Toadfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pretty lazy about posting recently, because I've been a little preoccupied with a project. After about two years without, I finally have a nano tank again!

So far it's pretty basic. Innovative Marine Nuvo 16, filter sock on one side and sponge caddy on the other, with a Chinese 36W PAR38 2:1 12000k and 465nm. At least list.

Rock is 6lbs of love rock from a friends tank plus some bleached rock left over from my last tank. Plus one piece of lace rock because it was really cool looking.

Skimmer is hopefully being added soon, going for cheapest that actually works, which at this point is the aqua euro nano. If anyone has a better idea, let me know!

Coral stocking plan is almost entirely stony from the Pacific. I'm thinking some basic sps in the center directly under the light, and lps on the sides where the light is lower. Fish wise, it's going to be all Pacific pygmy gobies, unless I decide to also do a caracanthus maculatus, which is a pygmy scorpion called the gumdrop coral croucher or gumdrop velvetfish.

I've seen too many nanos that look cramped. As such, I'm going for all very small fish and frags. I want it to end up looking proportionally more like a big tank, rather than having just two or three pieces take up the whole thing.

I'm using the Red Sea reef foundation program and Tropic Marin salt.

Employee discounts are awesome.

1458017371763.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pretty lazy about posting recently, because I've been a little preoccupied with a project. After about two years without, I finally have a nano tank again!

So far it's pretty basic. Innovative Marine Nuvo 16, filter sock on one side and sponge caddy on the other, with a Chinese 36W PAR38 2:1 12000k and 465nm. At least list.

Rock is 6lbs of love rock from a friends tank plus some bleached rock left over from my last tank. Plus one piece of lace rock because it was really cool looking.

Skimmer is hopefully being added soon, going for cheapest that actually works, which at this point is the aqua euro nano. If anyone has a better idea, let me know!

Coral stocking plan is almost entirely stony from the Pacific. I'm thinking some basic sps in the center directly under the light, and lps on the sides where the light is lower. Fish wise, it's going to be all Pacific pygmy gobies, unless I decide to also do a caracanthus maculatus, which is a pygmy scorpion called the gumdrop coral croucher or gumdrop velvetfish.

I've seen too many nanos that look cramped. As such, I'm going for all very small fish and frags. I want it to end up looking proportionally more like a big tank, rather than having just two or three pieces take up the whole thing.

I'm using the Red Sea reef foundation program and Tropic Marin salt.

Employee discounts are awesome.

1458017371763.jpg
Nice! Looks great

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool tank!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't go wrong with the IM tanks!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problems will come and go with anything that holds water no matter who makes the container!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 27.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back